+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogers A100 Amp (1980)

I'm Ray.

Default Rogers A100 Amp (1980)

Does anybody know anything about the Rogers A100 amp. I have read only good things about their older speakers but what about amps?

I'm Grant.

Power output: 55 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)

Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%

Damping factor: 60

Input sensitivity: 1.8mV (MM), 100mV (DIN), 100mV (line)

Output: 100mV (line), 100mV (DIN)

Semiconductors: 64 x transistors, 4 x IC, 55 x diodes

Dimensions: 362 x 286 x 117mm

Weight: 9.7kg

You'll get the manual at hifiengine.

it uses the back panel as a heatsink I believe
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Not heard that one, but I rather liked the seventies solid state Rogers amps. Which I suppose were an alternative to the contemporary Leaks and Sugdens, etc.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

I have A RAVENSBOURNE WHICH IS QUITE NICE for its age...got it off tubehunter a while back I think.was using it until recently but it is now shelved. Loved the look of it. The A100 is much more Sony-ish in looks, but dunno if they are any good.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andr'e.

I have a totally mint 'A100' with 'T75' Tuner.. I used to use it alot..Very well built btw

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I have a totally mint 'A100' with 'T75' Tuner.. I used to use it alot..Very well built btw
    I preferred your last avatar, Andre. Quad isn't from Yorkshire and it certainly isn't shite

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by raygreen View Post
    Does anybody know anything about the Rogers A100 amp. I have read only good things about their older speakers but what about amps?
    These had a great reputation way back when - a quality bit of gear I'm certain. Enjoy!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

They were very good and far better than the A75 'Panthera' model - I sold them both back in the day.

T75? Nah, you want a T100, which was a very fine sounding tuner indeed, if not as slick as the better Japanese 'preset' ones from Rotel etc...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Alex.

I am a great fan of Rogers, in fact Jim Rogers was a family friend. This is how my interest in Hi Fi started in the 1960's.

Never had an A100, but have often thought of one. However I never liked the sound of the Ravensbourne amp, sort of rough treble. I tried several of them, first one was bought new. The matching Ravensbourne FET Series 2 tuner, was very nice though. This tuner has green markings on the tuning scale.

The earlier Ravensbourne tuner (which had white scale markings on the tuning scale), was less sensitive, and I often got hiss with it, despite a pretty good aerial.

Here is my Ravensbourne FET 2 with new case and front panel made to match a Quad 44 that I bought new in the early 80's. There was no Quad FM4 in those days.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5172/...a6a0855b_z.jpg
    Last edited by spendorman; 15-09-2014 at 11:09.
    Spendorman

I'm Andr'e.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post

T75? Nah, you want a T100, which was a very fine sounding tuner indeed, if not as slick as the better Japanese 'preset' ones from Rotel etc...
    I used to use the 'A100' with a pair of 'JR149' & Logic 'Tempo' TT in a small bedroom system years ago..

As for the tuners i have to disagree i don't like the digital display of the 'T100' nor the Aesthetics.. much prefer the analogue display of the 'T75' beside the enclosure of the 'T75' is the same as the 'A75'/'A100' amps..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast