+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technics 1210 - The Modification Rises

I'm Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by AFX View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Is there an ideal mass/weight then? Surely you get to a point where you have to worry about wear on your records?
    Tracking force and tonearm mass are two different things. You need a bit of extra mass in the tonearm (heavier headshell, possibly heavier counterweight), because the DL103 suspension is so stiff, it needs something to push against, so to speak.

That said, you still want to track at the recommended force. (probably 2 grams or so...)
    SP-10Mk2a, Graham 2.2 tonearm. SL-1200, Graham 2.2 tonearm, AT-150mlx, Benz-Scheu Glider. Jim & Ken Super DC PSU, Oil well bearing, Acromat, Isonoes, strobe lamp switched. Pass Labs Pearl 2. Aleph J amplifier. F6 Amplifier. Nelson Pass Burning Amplifier BA-3. Pass BA-PP linestage, miniDSP 4x10, Linkwitz Labs LXmini speakers, Sony SS-M7 speakers.

DIY In progress - Syclotron Red Light district valve amp, ZenMod "Iron pre" autoformer jfet preamp, SYclotron 'His Master's Noise' valve phonostage. And about 2-3 other projects in various states at any time.

I'm Leslie.

Take a look at this web page, there are unbiased reviews and videos showing IsoFeet & IsoPlatMat. If you mention art of sound with your order I will refund 10% of SDS price.

http://www.sounddampedsteel.com/hifi.html

Best Regards

Les

I'm Paul.

I bought a SDS isomat platter quite a few years ago, deadens the ringing in my Garrard 401 platter completely. Excellent pieces of kit. You could argue they are a bit expensive but they are the sort of things that you'll keep for ages.

IMHO I think pumping blobs of silicone into your tonearm is a bad idea. A better idea would be to find something like a plastic straw slighter larger in diameter to the tonearm wand and pump silicone into that. Once dry you can cut the straw away and will be left with a cylinder of silicone that you can cut to shape and insert into the wand. This way the mod can be removed easily but will perform the same. You can also weigh the silicone inserts which may be help later on when you check cartridge / arm suitability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12