+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: usb to spdif converter

I'm ILOB.

Default usb to spdif converter

Any recomendtions for USB to SPDIF Converter
    I tried this but only lasted a week and merchant will not fix or take back
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-to-Spdif-T...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Which make of DAC are you using John?

Stan

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Transit.html

is the cheapest from a big maker and has it's own competent Dac as well.
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm ILOB.

I can not load driver on my laptop (tried site and everything else I can think off) but thanks should of said I tried the M Audio also
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm ILOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilia View Post
    Which make of DAC are you using John?

Stan
    I am using what Duncan built (tubehunter) the copper DAC/PRE great sounding unit

What computer are you using? How old is it? What Operating System?

USB implementations are not as standard as they should be, I have read.

The M-Audio should be very reliable - big firm selling lots of kit. Leads me to suspect your computer, if the M-Audo wont work.
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

If you are running XP, then have a look at the one that Maplin sells. I think they call it a USB Sound Box. I might have one about. If I still got the driver disc I'll PM you and you can pick it up and try.

Stan

I'm Jim.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=260402381236

Someone on another forum was using one of these.
    Naim ND5 XS, nDAC, XP5 XS, 202, HC, NAPSC, 250.2, B&W 804s.
    AVR350, B&W HTM4, Gallo.
    Samsung, Oppo.

I'm Confused.

Question Optical Adapter

Hi Guys,
    Perhaps slightly off main topic but only a little
    Can one of my more knowledgeable fellow members advise me on the likely usability of this item for allowing 2 Optical inputs into a StanDAC 7520?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Way-Optical-...d=p3286.c0.m14

I have 'invested' my hard earned savings in one and it seems incapable of working as I was assured it should. It quite happily transmits one signal but will not transmit 2 (seperately, not simultaneously ). Am I hoping for too much? Given the extra connections - cable to adapter to cable, rather than cable alone, should I expect a seriously deteriorated signal. Is there any technical reason why it will only allow one input - each seperate input will show a red light at the output port but it is as if one signal is too weak to have any effect when it arrives at the StanDAC.
    Any helpful comments would be welcomed.
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Perhaps slightly off main topic but only a little
    Can one of my more knowledgeable fellow members advise me on the likely usability of this item for allowing 2 Optical inputs into a StanDAC 7520?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Way-Optical-...d=p3286.c0.m14

I have 'invested' my hard earned savings in one and it seems incapable of working as I was assured it should. It quite happily transmits one signal but will not transmit 2 (seperately, not simultaneously ). Am I hoping for too much? Given the extra connections - cable to adapter to cable, rather than cable alone, should I expect a seriously deteriorated signal. Is there any technical reason why it will only allow one input - each seperate input will show a red light at the output port but it is as if one signal is too weak to have any effect when it arrives at the StanDAC.
    Any helpful comments would be welcomed.
    Cheers,
    As it's a passive box then I guess that there's just some plastic mirroring of the signal getting done inside the unit. I'm guessing that deterioration is probably due to very poor alignment of the feed through signal?
    Naim ND5 XS, nDAC, XP5 XS, 202, HC, NAPSC, 250.2, B&W 804s.
    AVR350, B&W HTM4, Gallo.
    Samsung, Oppo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast