+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FM Tuner Advice Please. URGENT.

I'm Confused.

Thumbs up

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for that. Based on past experience I am resigned to a roof aerial - would you still recommend a 3 element Yagi?
    BTW, how long do you spend grooming your 6 Maine Coones? - we have 3 Persian/Exotics and trying to keep them lug free is almost a full time job.
    Cheers,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Get a pussy of the best kind - an SHDT (short haired domestic tabby)

How's your freeview? I suspect that one of the better freeview receivers may be pretty good on the FM channels. I'm not sure if FreeSat has radio channels either. Thirdly, what about streaming radio via a reasonable laptop and a Beresford DAC?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Cool

Yes a 3 element Yagi is fine on the roof too.

We estimate 2 person hours a day looking after 6 Maine Coons, but what could be better? Would like to add a Persian though...

Regards

Dave

I'm Confused.

Hi Dave,
    Nice cat pic. I'm sure that I have seen other pics of some of your cats posted on AoS before.
    If you are serious about getting a Persian I can thoroughly recommend Country Girl Persians in Shropshire BUT .... and it might be a big 'but', not counting the distance you are apart !! I'll come to that in a minute.
    Our daughter and us, between us, have had 3 Persians from this lady, Karen Nursey, over the last couple of years or so, 1 tabby, 1 red and 1 blue tabby, all male. We have had many many cats over the years and I can honestly say we have never had (or seen) any more beautiful to look at and more beautiful natured cats ever and that goes for all three.
    Now the 'BUT': -
    Due to the recession her breeding business collapsed late last year and she has, for the moment, withdrawn from breeding and concentrated on her other hobby, body building, (honest !!). She is a lovely lady and breeds lovely cats. The last time we e-mailed her she was offering her 'surplus' adult cats and just keeping her core requirements for if and when she returns to breeding and she had a number of adult cats available, all with Championship history going back many many generations.
    Hope this might be of interest to you.
    Cheers.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

Smile

Hi Dave

I would like to add a Persian, but seven would be too many. We have taken in full pedigree rescues (yes really) and six is OK in the house, seven is not, a shame!

You can see my cats by clicking here.

Regards

Dave

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Wonderful!!!!

I had some good advice once - if you want to REALLY relax, just look at a cat when it's asleep or just "chilling" and use that as a reference for relaxation. That pic above says it all and brings back some very happy memories of the two we had - best friends they were........................

Gone a year now and missed every day.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12