+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with cosmetics

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I think this looks much nicer

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Geoff.

Not sure I agree with all the foregoing.

Car and bike paint shops cater for painting a variety of materials (plastic, aluminium, alloys and of course steel) and use many paint types, spraying small and large items. At least the ones near me do, I've used them. They are happy to take on alloy wheel lacquering and painting, bike fuel tanks, car mirrors and front grilles, small panels, part panels, etc. and can match any colour. They are also happy to paint non automotive items.

Also, I've found aerosol paints these days just don't give a hard wearing finish. A good two pack or powder coat is much tougher.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    Thanks guys for input so far.
    Waddaya reckon about this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Technics-Tur...item4adbf56546
    I don't mind a bit of bling but this might be too much, especially as I am intending to onsell. Also it seems a bit pricey.
    If you intend selling to Japan then maybe, but I'd go for something a little more tasteful and widen my market
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ken.

Well, I can only speak from my own experience.

I used to have a lot of small work done by car painters, prototype work for Russell Hobbs etc and required to be of photographic standard. I gave up in the end and we built our own wet back spray booth and did it all in house. As for colour matching they don't usually do this and when they try are worse than useless. I think what you mean is they will mix any car colour you have a referance number for, which is a different thing. Take them a plaque of a piece of plastic and ask them to match it and you will be lucky to get in the same ball park. I used to do all our colour matching after many failed and expensive attempts by the paint manufacturer, let alone a user of their product, its not their fortay.

Most people will take on the work and have a go, results will obviously vary considerably depending on the individuals experience, you might get a first class job, but it's not a given.

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I think this looks much nicer
    I think I can double me chances. I can try Qwin's method, and after I screw that up I can go for a decal like the one you suggest.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Stephen.

Why not cover the effected area with a little plate suitably inscribed with something like " The D J's Choice"?

If you go for 6L6's approach I think you should plumb it into the kitchen.
    Last edited by Mr Kipling; 18-09-2014 at 21:15.

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kipling View Post
    Why not cover the effected area with a little plate suitably inscribed with something like " The D J's Choice"?
    Not a bad idea. If I can find something suitable that would be good. I am looking for a low cost solution, as I don't intend keeping it.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Jim.

I think you should use this as an opportunity to make a plinth you really like, and if it turns out well, keep it, if it nooks not as good as you hope, sell it.
    SP-10Mk2a, Graham 2.2 tonearm. SL-1200, Graham 2.2 tonearm, AT-150mlx, Benz-Scheu Glider. Jim & Ken Super DC PSU, Oil well bearing, Acromat, Isonoes, strobe lamp switched. Pass Labs Pearl 2. Aleph J amplifier. F6 Amplifier. Nelson Pass Burning Amplifier BA-3. Pass BA-PP linestage, miniDSP 4x10, Linkwitz Labs LXmini speakers, Sony SS-M7 speakers.

DIY In progress - Syclotron Red Light district valve amp, ZenMod "Iron pre" autoformer jfet preamp, SYclotron 'His Master's Noise' valve phonostage. And about 2-3 other projects in various states at any time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12