+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sony PS-6750 - mat suggestions

I'm Buffet-blower.

Thanks for the feedback on the SDS Paul - that's very encouraging. I'm using the original oil-filled mat on my Sony and it does work extremely well. I tried an Achromat on it and wasn't convinced, it seemed to cause a 'suck-out' in the upper bass which whilst appearing to clean things up it made pitch coherence slightly vague, robbing instruments of body and colour. Didn't take long to convince me that the Sony mat was better but I'm usually open to trying other stuff.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Alan.

Smile

I also have a Sony PS-6750 that I have owned from new.
    A couple of years ago I also replaced the original oil filled mat with a 5mm Achromat.
    I would be interested to try an SDS mat and cover, what size did you order?

I also need to change the cartridge, as it has the original Ortofon VMS20 MKII on it which I purchased at the same time. (I have changed Stylus).

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on the SDS Paul - that's very encouraging. I'm using the original oil-filled mat on my Sony and it does work extremely well. I tried an Achromat on it and wasn't convinced, it seemed to cause a 'suck-out' in the upper bass which whilst appearing to clean things up it made pitch coherence slightly vague, robbing instruments of body and colour. Didn't take long to convince me that the Sony mat was better but I'm usually open to trying other stuff.
    Richard, I was very impressed with the SDS mat but I was comparing it to a thick solid rubber mat not the oil filled mat. I'd be interested to hear how the sds mat fares against the oil filled mat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan D View Post
    I also have a Sony PS-6750 that I have owned from new.
    A couple of years ago I also replaced the original oil filled mat with a 5mm Achromat.
    I would be interested to try an SDS mat and cover, what size did you order?

I also need to change the cartridge, as it has the original Ortofon VMS20 MKII on it which I purchased at the same time. (I have changed Stylus).
    Alan, I bought the 295mm isoplatmat and cover in plain black. Les of SDS recommended the heavier stainless steel isoplatmat but funds couldn't stretch. I also didn't fancy taxing the 40 year old motor with the extra weight of the stainless steel mat.

I'm Leslie.

Hello Hermit.... How are you getting on with the isoplatmat?

I'm Mike.

I much prefer the oil filled mat to the Achromat.

Just seems more natural sounding somehow; nothing at all emphasised.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by sounddampedsteel View Post
    Hello Hermit.... How are you getting on with the isoplatmat?
    I'm very happy with it Les.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123