+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Isoplatmat Vs Acromat 1200

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    Hi Mark, how have you got on?
    Hi Andrei, I have not purchased as yet. I will be doing so within the next ten days.

A couple of years ago I was involved in a fairly serious road traffic accident (I am ok now). It was always my intention to use part of the compensation money to put together a system I could live with for the long-term. Last Friday, I received an offer from the defendants insurers which I have accepted.

The Inspire Technics upgrade package + SME M2-9 + Ortofon 2M Bronze is what I have chosen as my analogue solution.

I am glad I have taken my time to reach a decision rather than buying various peripheral upgrade items on a whim, potentially wasting money in the process. I like the hollistic approach to the Tech mods taken by Inspire. They all seem sensible and well thought out. Hopefully I will achieve satisfaction with my choice.

I'm Andrei.

Solid choice. I'm sure most here will be interested.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Mark.

Both SME arm & Inspire upgrade package have now been purchased. The deck is being collected on Thursday. It will apparently take a couple of weeks for the work to be completed. I will keep you all posted.

Many thanks

I'm Leslie.

Default Try an Isoplatmat send it back if you don't like it for a refund

HI, try the small 1mm x 285mm soft isocover and a 285mm IsoPlatMat in either stainless steel or black aluminium. If you don't like the result send it back in good condition for a full refund (less postage cost)

Best regards

Les

I'm Mark.

Hi Les,

Thanks for the offer but as mentioned above, I have chosen to go with the complete Inspire Hi-Fi Technics upgrade package so platter isolation/mat are no longer required.

Many thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by sounddampedsteel View Post
    HI, try the small 1mm x 285mm soft isocover and a 285mm IsoPlatMat in either stainless steel or black aluminium. If you don't like the result send it back in good condition for a full refund (less postage cost)

Best regards

Les

I'm Mark.

Just to let you all know my Inspire upgraded Technics has arrived. It looks and sounds superb – a massive improvement!

Robert and the team at Inspire have to be congratulated for a stellar service. The whole process of purchasing the mods, having the deck collected (they provided a suitable box + packing instructions for safe transit) and then delivered complete with the new SME arm and Ortofon 2M Bronze installed was completely painless. The quality of the mods are over and above what I was expecting. The cherry wood plinth looks fantastic and the two layers of sorbo isolation it provides makes a lot of sense. The platter looks much better with the strobe dots removed. I would also recommend the Inspire Acri Mat to anyone considering a platter mat upgrade for the technics. It has a thin layer of cork on the underside which fits the lip of the Technics platter and the record interfacing surface is a foamex type material, similar to the the Achromat.

For £1290 all in it offers tremendous value for money. Every key area of weakness in the stock model is addressed in a logical, sensible and cost-effective fashion.

At this moment in time I am using the phono stage in my Marantz KI Pearl Lite amplifier which is driving my newly acquired 'used' Proac D18's. I fully appreciate this amp and its phono stage are probably not doing the Inspire upgraded Technics justice. I am in the process of trying to identify a high quality, full function integrated amplifier that has an excellent phono stage and which will match up well with the Proac D18's. Something along the lines of a Plinius 9200 or Musical Fidelity A1008. I may start another thread elsewhere on the forum seeking guidance and advice along these lines. Nevertheless, significant improvements over the stock Technics can be heard through the phono stage of this humble amplifier. Music from the Technics now has much better organic flow. It sounds much more natural and musical. The coarseness I have long associated with the stock Technics has completely disappeared.

I strongly recommend the complete suite of Technics mods offered by Inspire Hi-Fi to anyone looking to seriously upgrade from stock. I would also recommend the plinth system as a viable alternative to the Isonoe, OL and Vantage feet. It also greatly improves the look of the deck in my opinion.

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by markx View Post
    Just to let you all know my Inspire upgraded Technics has arrived. It looks and sounds superb – a massive improvement!
    Mark that is simply fantastic! Everything looks so good - I love that arm too. It really does look like it belongs there. In fact the whole thing looks like it was built from the ground up. Regarding an integrated amp with a phono stage: Perreaux do truly fabulous amps that have a phono stage module as an option. I can speak to the quality of their amps - basically equivalent to ATC in terms of sound quality but running cooler and more expensive. Unfortunately I cannot speak to their phono-stage module as I have not heard it.
    Overall I am sure you have made a very good choice.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Grant.

Looks fabulous Mark... as nice as I've seen....
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mark.

Thanks guys. I am really pleased with my decision. This is a turntable to hold on to for life. I realise there is so much sonic potential there in terms of a better cartridge, phono stage etc. Now I need to try and find a high quality, full function integrated with an excellent phono stage that will bring the best out of the D18's.

Cheers

Mark

I'm Martin.

That looks really excellent.
    I've been sorely tempted by the plinth for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by markx View Post
    Now I need to try and find a high quality, full function integrated with an excellent phono stage that will bring the best out of the D18's.
    Think Luxman perhaps.
    SQ-38u for valves and L505u for solid state.

Both have excellent phono stages onboard.
    Analogue: Technics SL1210 M5G, AN Arm One/II, Blue Angel Mantis MC
    Amps: Devialet 200
    Speakers: Usher Mini 2 Dancer DMD
    Cables: Supra, Mark Grant, Reference Fidelity
    DIY System Audiosector Gainclone, Salas DCB1, AudioSector MC Phono stage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast