+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Klipschorns.....La Scalas, Belle's Anyone Using a Pair ???

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Klipschorns.....La Scalas, Belle's Anyone Using a Pair ???

Is anyone on here using a pair of the mighty Klipschorns ? or maybe La Scalas or maybe Klipsch Belle's ???

Come on there must be at least 1 person here using them ??

If so what are you using to drive them ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

So nobody is using any of the Klipsch Heritage range??.... amazing really....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

No one here uses the speakers i have either! It's a lonely life...but a musical one
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

Quote Originally Posted by kininigin View Post
    No one here uses the speakers i have either! It's a lonely life...but a musical one
    Yes Darren it seems such a shame to me that nobody else has given the Klipsch Heritage range a try.... I would put the Klipsch 'classic' sound against any decent Tannoy DC or Electrostat... even though, as mentioned here on the forum, I wouln't mind trying an ESL again but I don't think my room is very well suited to ESL's...

I can't understand the aversion to horn speakers... I think it is from people who have NEVER actually tried a decent horn speaker...

It has taken literally years for me to become completely happy with my 'type' of speaker, and APART from a pair of ESL's, Klipsch horns have it as far as I am concerned...

If people can get over their 'in built' dislike for horns I think a lot of them would really enjoy them...

However it might be because a new set of Klipsch Heritage range speakers are rather expensive... from about £1.5K upwards..
    Bev

I'm Gone.

Well Bev, I love the sound of big horns.... I used to be a Klipsch dealer about a thousand years ago. I sold a pair of the Mk 1 Heresys to Nick Faldo, he had a really old house that had been a village hall, the sound was amazing. I have used many great horn speakers, including La Scalas and Klipschorns nothing is as exciting, yes they are coloured but the dynamics are amazing. I worked with Phil Jones of AE, Boston Acoustics and Pure Sound fame. We put together a PA system that was six way all horn, from 24" sub bass to Altec multi cell horns and JBL bullets at the top, it was awesome, always loved horns

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Well Bev, I love the sound of big horns.... I used to be a Klipsch dealer about a thousand years ago. I sold a pair of the Mk 1 Heresys to Nick Faldo, he had a really old house that had been a village hall, the sound was amazing. I have used many great horn speakers, including La Scalas and Klipschorns nothing is as exciting, yes they are coloured but the dynamics are amazing. I worked with Phil Jones of AE, Boston Acoustics and Pure Sound fame. We put together a PA system that was six way all horn, from 24" sub bass to Altec multi cell horns and JBL bullets at the top, it was awesome, always loved horns
    Ah Paul... I think you might be the ONLY person that understands my love of the Heresy's then...

Can you help?

I am thinking of a pair of the mighty K'horns.... however the wall they would have to fill is about 3m (bout 10'ft) do you think that is just too small a wall to accomodate the K'horns... ??
    Bev

I'm Gone.

Bev it may be a little small, but what's the distance to the back wall and the listening position?

Bev it may be a little small, but what's the distance to the back wall and the listening position?
    Hi Paul the room measures:::: 3m x 3m approx.... I have a suspicion that the K'horns would be too much for the room...

The Heresys seem to sing tho... It's just that I have a craving for a pair of K'horns...

However if you think my room is just too small then I will happily stick to the Heresys..

What did you think of the Heresy's when you had dealings with them?? You have obviously had experience of them ??

Thanks Paul

ps. You might be the ONLY other person that understands my fixation of the Klipsch sound.... are we REALLY the only two that 'get's the Klipsch sound ??
    Bev

I'm Gone.

I love the Heresy sound, it's just so dynamic. I think you may have a bit of trouble with K'horns in such a small square room If it was me I would stick with what you have. If you really want some thing bigger, try a pair of La Scalas

I love the Heresy sound, it's just so dynamic. I think you may have a bit of trouble with K'horns in such a small square room If it was me I would stick with what you have. If you really want some thing bigger, try a pair of La Scalas
    Hi Paul
    Thanks for your comments... you may well be correct in keeping with the Heresys rather than moving up to a crazy pair of K'horns....

The La Scalas would probably be more tricky to fit in than the K'horns as I don't think they work well in corners as do the K'horns...

Maybe just stick with the Heresy's though.... I do love them to bits... !!!!
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast