+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Photographs accompanying ads placed in Private Exhibitions - PLEASE READ and DIGEST!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Exclamation Photographs accompanying ads placed in Private Exhibitions - PLEASE READ and DIGEST!

Guys and gals,

The mods and I are increasingly seeing ads placed in the classifieds section including the words "pics to follow", which is contrary to the stipulated rules... The rules, see here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...POSTING-PLEASE clearly state that ALL sales threads MUST include a photo of the ACTUAL item for sale.

That means, therefore, that photos MUST be included in all ads BEFORE they are posted, not afterwards. "Pics to follow" is thus unacceptable.

We've let this go for a while, but it seems that some folks are either taking the piss or are too lazy to a) read the rules properly in the first place and/or b) too lazy to go to the trouble of including pictures on their ads, so something must be done to prevent this from continuing to happen.

Therefore, from tomorrow onwards, any ad placed in Private Exhibitions without an accompanying picture (or pictures) will automatically be soft-deleted. This means that the offending ad will be removed from public view until such times as a picture has been supplied, whereupon the ad in question will be restored. If no picture is supplied within 48 hours of the ad being placed, then it will simply be binned.

If you notice that this has happened to one of your ads, and you're still within that 48 hour period, then simply contact one of the moderators or myself, advising us of when you have a picture ready for inclusion in your ad, and your advert will be restored. Also, if you are having difficulty with the process of posting pictures on your advert, then let one us know and we will gladly help!

Please also note that links to similar items and/or pictures 'stolen' from Google Images, etc, are insufficient and not permitted. All pictures suppled MUST be of the ACTUAL item or items for sale.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation

Marco.

P.S For maximum exposure, and possible feedback, this announcement will also be posted in Critics Corner.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way and the only way, it does not exist" - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche.

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Modified Goldpoint SA4M-47 passive preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Neil.

Can I also suggest that a thumbnail image uploaded to AOS is less than ideal and what is really required to show the sale item of to its best, is that the image is hotlinked to AOS from say Photobucket or the like and that images should be fairly big. If one can't see the item in the flesh the next best thing is nice big photos of all angles, front top, sides etc.

Just an additional thought.

Regards Neil

Good point, Neil. Thumbnails are merely ok. It's far better to do as you've stated

Marco.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way and the only way, it does not exist" - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche.

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Modified Goldpoint SA4M-47 passive preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Agreed! A hot link is far more preferable than a statement saying "photos can be seen here:" with a URL to the photo-hosting site.

It will greatly help with the sale if images are directly shown in the for sale thread, rather than a link being given. And yes, as many photos as possible, taken from all sides helps; just as it does for items sold on eBay.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Agreed! A hot link is far more preferable than a statement saying "photos can be seen here:" with a URL to the photo-hosting site.

It will greatly help with the sale if images are directly shown in the for sale thread, rather than a link being given.
    Indeed, Barry. It's all about putting a bit of EFFORT in!

Accordingly, I would ask both Neil and you (along with other members of the team) to strictly moderate the classifieds section on that basis.

Marco.

My system:

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed, Barry. It's all about putting a bit of EFFORT in!

Accordingly, I would ask both Neil and you (along with other members of the team) to strictly moderate the classifieds section on that basis.

Marco.

Last edited by Dalek Supreme D L; 02-08-2014 at 14:45.

There's no message included in your post, daftee!

Marco.

My system:

Lol - ah, EXTERMINATE!

Marco.

My system:

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - ah, EXTERMINATE!

Marco.
    Indeed

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Can I add that anyone having difficulty with posting pictures can easily do it from the Tapatalk app. it can be done direct from your smartphone/tablet, either during taking it or stored on the phones memory.
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.1- CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - PIONEER DV717 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. - PROART AMP/BERESFORD TC-7240 SWITCHBOX. - WIN10 JRIVER21, SPOTIFY - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST AUDIO DONGLE POWERED BY BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - CARTS.. AT95S, SHURE M55E, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PURAV.

+ Reply to Thread