+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Audio Products and Life after Retirement.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ah, a little whiff of botty gas always adds to the occasion!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Colin.

It clears railway carriages quickly, back to London and I got the disable seat that IPOD eyed moron sit in and ignore you on sticks. I must get some Pyridine nice smelly stuff clears whole of H-ifi Shows in seconds.

Another great Scot's discovery

"Pyridine was discovered in 1849 by the Scottish chemist Thomas Anderson as one of the constituents of bone oil. Two years later, Anderson isolated pure pyridine through fractional distillation of the oil. It is a colorless, highly flammable, weakly alkaline, water-soluble liquid with a distinctive, unpleasant fish-like odor."

I'm Colin.

Well life is getting interesting, I have completed the PCB layout for the SECA (not kit PCB) and can't wait to hear it 10 days to wait.
    Two HP out SECA 2W
    MC
    MM
    CD
    AUX
    and two pre-out.

No remote (thank god) huge 100W PSU with standby of less than a 1W.

Yipee now for a DAC mmmm NO digital lies, I stick to analog.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    It clears railway carriages quickly, back to London and I got the disable seat that IPOD eyed moron sit in and ignore you on sticks. I must get some Pyridine nice smelly stuff clears whole of H-ifi Shows in seconds.

Another great Scot's discovery

"Pyridine was discovered in 1849 by the Scottish chemist Thomas Anderson as one of the constituents of bone oil. Two years later, Anderson isolated pure pyridine through fractional distillation of the oil. It is a colorless, highly flammable, weakly alkaline, water-soluble liquid with a distinctive, unpleasant fish-like odor."
    Ha - like the sound of that! Would be a giggle setting it off in certain places

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Colin.

It is amazing how now Geoff Merrigan is now published as the designer of Tellurium Q cables and of the Iridium Amplifier, god does he want the world or what? For a man that did not truly understand a thing I did he as gone to be a Guru in this as well as health products.
    Well done Geoff.or should I say sieg heils.

I'm Colin.

Just wish he buy my shares of and then I would be silent about TQ as I was before.

No money or income to speak of the little I have made from the PCB, SECA Kits has gone on to help pay for my keep. The divorce and the settlement there is strange as my ex wants everything including all the shares of TQ which she would sell to the others for peanuts and not the true value so all my work would mean nothing to any of them.

Still up and down to the hospital every tuesday at the moment much fun, but a nice coffee shop with caring staff thank Wotan.
    Back to have operation in late August which should be interesting, and another if I survive the first one in September. Maybe they are waiting for me to die, but that is Devils for you.

Still plodding on nearly completed the NEW Wonfor/Inca Tech Claymore Design without remote and the other junk the marketing Guru wanted at TQ, It about sound not flashing lights wally. It will be a lot cheaper I hope too. We will see.

I'm Alan.

Good on you Colin, I hope everything goes well
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Colin.

Thank you, that is kind. Best Col

I'm Geoff.

All the best for your August and September medical procedures Colin.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Wishing you well with the operations. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast