+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Audio Products and Life after Retirement.

I'm Colin.

Default New Audio Products and Life after Retirement.

Well after most enjoyable time working for my last company it was decided the workload was too much (coal sack lifting) The directors let me retire early, and have encouraged my passion for design to start up on my own but in a very small way ( otherwise I'll get bored).

I am happy to say I will still be helping in some minor consultation work for them and a few more designs (small, yer right). I will find that fun.

I hope they do not miss my singing but I am sure I can get them a copy of it if I ask Simon nicely. (cabbages thrown)

So I will be making bespoke A Class products first and maybe easy to build, not so complex, kits for some of them.
    This will include Power Amplifiers followed quickly by Pre-Amplifiers, and as I said possible kits for less complex designs.

So after I move in on Wednesday the 30th July 2014 and sort the rooms out and find a place for the coffee pot, I will start on Project 1.

So watch this space, I hope I can fill it with nice goodies from my new venture. Name to be One4 Audio when I get it all set.

Thank you all for you wonderful encouragement and the lovely Directors of my last employment

P.S. It only a 5 minute drive from home and no floods to swim across like last year. And I have windows to watch the apple trees being chop down for fire wood. I have alway said a good apple is a burning apple.

I'm Colin.

Well moved into the new office on Wednesday , well all the rubble on the floor is the kit I need today tidy up and set the PC's up, hard work angina playing games, old bones squeak and I hurt in funny places.
    I like to thank the lads and the van driver for there help in carry stuff in and upstair on a very hot day.

I'm Richard.

Good luck, and I look forward to the designs. I could do with a class A power amp, particularly with good bass grip.
    I also retired last year, largely due to motorbike injuries, plus being 65, but I seem to be working harder than ever!
    ABD.

I'm Colin.

I did yesterday lumping stuff up and down stairs, got all the stuff in the centre of the floor gave up at 2300hrs And of we go again today.

I'm Nodrog.

Good luck indeed. You will need it after being wrong about my favourite fruit on every count.

1. The only real, proper and desirable computer available.
    2. Some of the best wood for turning available - quite stunning
    3. Apple crumble is manna from the gods.
    4. My wife is the apple of my eye.

I won't bore you with 5 to 10.

I'm Richard.

Shouldn't you two be working?
    ABD.

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    Shouldn't you two be working?
    Work wossat.

I seem to have a vague memory.................

I'm Richard.

Vague memory? That's age that is.
    ABD.

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    Vague memory? That's age that is.
    Sad but so true.

I'm Alan.

Colin all the very best in your new adventure, but do take it easy you have done your bit producing some fabulous HIFI products over the years
    The Clamore and Magnum were/are classic amplifiers.
    I have just repaired a Magnum amp for a mate and when I tried it I was gobsmacked at what a gutsy little amp it was

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast