+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bake-off in Maidstone

I'm Richard.

Thanks john and james. We're fine since we are on high ground - just inconvenienced by the river crossings closing. I've phoned an electrician friend who is going to come out and test and almost certainly change the fuseboard for rcbos. I gather david cameron was being filmed in the village and is taking the credit for getting the power back on.
    If there is a spare 4th place for your bake off I would be interested, but don't exclude anyone else because I might cancel at the last minute if clients let me down and dump late tax returns on me.

I'm ILOB.

Be great to meet you I think room for one more
    Glad everything is okay
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm James.

If you need any trades I have many who we contract our work to. Just shout
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Why not do as we have been doing for years at Owston, just split the cost of the room between whoever turns up?

Maybe see if they can put on some lunch.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Why not do as we have been doing for years at Owston, just split the cost of the room between whoever turns up?

Yes sensible idea, even for a scotsman

There are some key dates throughout 2014 for the trade like myself, Munich, Owston, Whittlebury, Bristol etc, I will attend with a few bits and maybe Nick too as we can travel down together if the dates are good, is that set yet?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post

Nah don't want to do that as it will cost people to travel there already. Hotel buffets are rip off but there is a subway next doorr and fifty other takeaways within a five minute walk. Should point out it is just one train from glasgae if any mafioso would like to come down.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm ILOB.

Stoke a bit more central than Owston
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Stoke a bit more central than Owston
    Central for who kind sir? Londoners?

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Nah don't want to do that as it will cost people to travel there already. Hotel buffets are rip off but there is a subway next doorr and fifty other takeaways within a five minute walk. Should point out it is just one train from glasgae if any mafioso would like to come down.
    being tight arses ali and gaz will probably come down on their horse and cart so give them both at least 3 weeks notice to set off in good time.....

if they bringing gear it won't fit on a train, not those open baffle speakers ali owns anyway! they fit on a cart though

I'm inthescottishmafia.

That would look just right with an MRCU sign on the side.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast