+ Reply to Thread
Page 855 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 355755805845853854855856857865905955 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,550 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Might have been worth the drive?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Very rare 10" Japanese speaker drive units, Coral 10L-60 bass drivers, superb quality and pretty sensitive.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORAL-10L...53.m1438.l2649

I've owned a couple of pairs in the past and they are very, very good! The build quality is outstanding.

Nobody interested? These are up there with Volt and JBL for quality.

I'm Edward.

Nobody interested? These are up there with Volt and JBL for quality.
    Looks like a possible fun project. How would one go about obtaining other bits (mid and hf drivers, crossover and cab designs)?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Looks like a possible fun project. How would one go about obtaining other bits (mid and hf drivers, crossover and cab designs)?
    You'd have to do some research, but the info is out there. Crossover calculators can be found online, like this: http://www.speakerwizard.co.uk/1st-a...nse-simulator/

One possible candidate for a system using the Corals might be the SEAS H-087 unit with the 1.5 inch soft dome, as used in Dynaco and some Goodmans speakers. They are usually 4 ohm and crop up on ebay quite often. Like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seas-H-08...oAAOSwQiFaVgVi

The Corals have quite an extended range for a biggish driver and the SEAS tweeter can be used from 2kHz upwards, so there's potential there. You'd need to check driver sensitivities, I have a feeling they'd be about the same. It doesn't matter if the tweeter has higher sensitivity than the bass driver, that can be compensated for.

And yes, you can use a 4 ohm tweeter with an 8 ohm bass driver.

At a guess, something like a ported forty to fifty litre cabinet may suit the Corals. That's about the size I used (half a lifetime ago).

I'm Alex.

Nightingale speakers by Falcon, need some work

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/70s-Vinta...s/232654570706
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Nightingale speakers by Falcon
    I remember those. Very rare now. Look like Isophon tweeters, dunno what the mids are, Peerless? You'd struggle finding parts that's for sure.

I'm Dennis.

Some of these items make me realise just what an exciting period in audio history I/we have been fortunate enough to have grown up in.

Looking at those Falcons shows what an evolution we have been in, real endeavour by people who love the pursuit of good sound, and I am even a little enthused to do more myself.

I'm Edward.

You'd have to do some research, but the info is out there. Crossover calculators can be found online, like this: http://www.speakerwizard.co.uk/1st-a...nse-simulator/

One possible candidate for a system using the Corals might be the SEAS H-087 unit with the 1.5 inch soft dome, as used in Dynaco and some Goodmans speakers. They are usually 4 ohm and crop up on ebay quite often. Like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seas-H-08...oAAOSwQiFaVgVi

The Corals have quite an extended range for a biggish driver and the SEAS tweeter can be used from 2kHz upwards, so there's potential there. You'd need to check driver sensitivities, I have a feeling they'd be about the same. It doesn't matter if the tweeter has higher sensitivity than the bass driver, that can be compensated for.

And yes, you can use a 4 ohm tweeter with an 8 ohm bass driver.

At a guess, something like a ported forty to fifty litre cabinet may suit the Corals. That's about the size I used (half a lifetime ago).
    Many thanks Geoff

Useful stuff! But as you say I need to do research. I'll probably give the corals a miss - mainly as it is collection only far from me. Pity as seemingly a bargain.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Many thanks Geoff

Useful stuff! But as you say I need to do research. I'll probably give the corals a miss - mainly as it is collection only far from me. Pity as seemingly a bargain
    I'd have them myself if they were nearer.

A pair of bass drivers that good would probably cost about £800 new these days.

I'm Grant.

me too. 50 quids a steal
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread