+ Reply to Thread
Page 828 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 328728778818826827828829830838878928 ... LastLast
Results 8,271 to 8,280 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Decent pair of Tannoy Eatons in Scotland. £550 or offer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Ea...cAAOSwnVhaLZlp
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Decent pair of Tannoy Eatons in Scotland. £550 or offer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Ea...cAAOSwnVhaLZlp
    I had to look up 'Berriedale' - it's in Caithness. Collection only. One for the next Tom Cruise movie I think, 'Mission Impossble' whatever the number is.

I'm Bob.

If you haven't been to Berriedale then maybe it's worth a trip as you can experience the "Berriedale Braes".

It's the steep hills as they plunge down to a river crossing at the bottom of the valley, on a bike especially my VFR they are great fun, in a van loaded up with furniture including my Tannoy Cheviots it was much more hair raising, it's one of the few places in the UK with run off areas all over the place on a main road (A9).

Been through there loads of times up and down to Orkney.

I'm Geoff.

A trifle nippy and snowed in at the moment I'd guess.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Anto.

I was looking at complete stereo systems earlier on the Tree of Gum. Used to enjoy finding a nice older system that had a decent amp and maybe turntable !
    I cant get over how in the last few months that anything that even may resemble something half decent is priced at the top and above.
    Shyte Technics systems at 250 quid when in reality they are budget fare that £50 is more than adequate
    Demand seems to have run riot and supply of good cheap tack ,dried up lol

The same goes for most decks and amps. Then the week after ,you see one go ,really cheap
    Just as well as my mancave has enough crap in it already
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Geoff.

As I've mentioned before. Prices for older British Hi-Fi are crazy in Japan. A Quad 306 with a $1099 asking price!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUAD-306-....c100005.m1851

I'm Dan.

Missed a Lumley Phase 2 on gumtree last night £300 when i checked this morning it was gone..

Oh well will probably be on ebay before long at £650 i bet you....If not well someone did well i got to it 5 mins in but dont need it and have to be realistic...
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bobvfr View Post
    If you haven't been to Berriedale then maybe it's worth a trip as you can experience the "Berriedale Braes".

It's the steep hills as they plunge down to a river crossing at the bottom of the valley, on a bike especially my VFR they are great fun, in a van loaded up with furniture including my Tannoy Cheviots it was much more hair raising, it's one of the few places in the UK with run off areas all over the place on a main road (A9).

Been through there loads of times up and down to Orkney.
    The seller is happy to drop them at my sister's place in Lanarkshire as he is coming down to Edinburgh for New Year.

I guess I then have the hassle of getting them from Lanarkshire to Berkshire but that shouldn't be insurmountable. I wonder if Tannoy Coatbridge could spare a couple of boxes?

Anyway I bought them! Have fancied a play with 10 inchers for a while, I've had lots of permutations of 12 and 15 inch golds and hpds .... need to complete my education.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    The seller is happy to drop them at my sister's place in Lanarkshire as he is coming down to Edinburgh for New Year.

I guess I then have the hassle of getting them from Lanarkshire to Berkshire but that shouldn't be insurmountable. I wonder if Tannoy Coatbridge could spare a couple of boxes?

Anyway I bought them! Have fancied a play with 10 inchers for a while, I've had lots of permutations of 12 and 15 inch golds and hpds .... need to complete my education.
    I've got an extra set of crossovers Tom, if you need..
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Richie.

I'm picking mine up from Paul at RFC tomorrow morning. excited.

+ Reply to Thread