+ Reply to Thread
Page 808 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 308708758798806807808809810818858908 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,080 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Heard a pair today, definitely not boring by any stretch.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Which Spendor's did you hear Oliver ? I think I'll be pulling the trigger on some D7's before the year's out - very tempted indeed
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Which ones did you hear Oliver, I think I'll be pulling the trigger ion some D7's before the year's out - very tempted indeed
    Erm, that's a great question lol. They are Jimbos. Maybe in his signature I'll have a look!

Bigman80 Guest

Spendor SP2/1. According to signature. Very clean sounding, excellent vocal reproduction. Immediate and fantastic dynamics. I was thoroughly impressed.

I'm Robert.

Spendor SP2/1. According to signature. Very clean sounding, excellent vocal reproduction. Immediate and fantastic dynamics. I was thoroughly impressed.

Yes, Spendor have done some great speakers and the D7's have really caught my attention - I'll have to see if i can get a listen. In the context of my set up would be the ideal obviously but often not easy to achieve unfortunately but you never know ....
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Bigman80 Guest

Yes, Spendor have done some great speakers and the D7's have really caught my attention - I'll have to see if i can get a listen, in the context of my set up would be the ideal obviously but often not easy to achieve unfortunately but you never know ....
    I've not heard those so can't comment but today's listening was sublime. Spendors aren't all equal I'm told.

I'm Robert.

I've not heard those so can't comment but today's listening was sublime. Spendors aren't all equal I'm told.

No, thats it. There's a house sound or that 'dna' flavour with Spendors I guess, which is generally superb in the mids and non fatiguing which is what I love about my 752 Freedoms , hence gravitating towards Spendors when I upgrade.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

Bigman80 Guest

No, thats it. There's a house sound with Spendors which is generally superb in the mids and non fatiguing which is what I love about my 752 Freedoms , hence gravitating towards Spendors when I upgrade.
    Today's reminded me of Mission 710 speakers of old. Very clean indeed. Wish be I hadn't given them away now lol. Looking for some mission 770s hahaha

I'm Robert.

I'm guessing it was the 2M Black doing the business or did you sample the Decca as well ?
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

Bigman80 Guest

I'm guessing it was the 2M Black doing the business or did you sample the Decca as well ?
    2M black, I have the Decca here to try

VPI scout was very impressive too.

I'm Brian.

I paid James a visit last January and thought his system sounded fantastic

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...7+visit+jimbos
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread