+ Reply to Thread
Page 805 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 305705755795803804805806807815855905 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,050 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Looks good Paul. Is it going to be a surprise Christmas present for your girlfriend?

(BTW - don't store your records face down like that. Always store them vertically.)
    Yes it is a surprise.
    I think I'll remove the headshell and put it in a jewelry box

Before any of you advise me against that, she's a stand-up girl who's way more into music than bling. She's a mod and loves proper stuff like reggae, ska, soul and the northern thing.

As for the record storage, how very dare you !!

The photo was from the Gumtree advert - I can assure you all mine are stored vertically and always have been

On that subject, I was watching American Horror Story yesterday when I had a proper fright : nothing to do with the show, but the fact that Lady Gaga's character had a turntable in her living room with a bleedin' vase sat on top of it and piles of vinyl all stacked horizontally !!
    Who dresses these shows, FFS ??
    And her, of all people ??

Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Anto.

Interesting?? Wheres your soldering iron ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acos-Lustr...0AAOSw-xVZ54Mo
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Anto.

I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm jamie.

BUGGER! i lost out by £25 on a zeta tonearm today
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

I'd be surprised if you found it better than the Alphason. My mate had the Zeta and it sounded good with his Koetsu's, but I preferred the sound of my 774 with Technics EPC-305MC.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

yes geoff,more of a sideways move,perhaps fate lent a hand.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm bob.

these look quite nice

TROELS GRAVESEN SPEAKERS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brilliant-...oAAOSw0UNZdnPc

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'd be surprised if you found it better than the Alphason. My mate had the Zeta and it sounded good with his Koetsu's, but I preferred the sound of my 774 with Technics EPC-305MC.
    It's a heavier tonearm more suitable for lower compliance cartridges than either Alphason or 774. Quite my cup of tea of only it had a removable headshell.

It's not really about 'better' it's more about what you are matching it with. It would suit any of my cartridges far better than either 774 or Alphason.

On the subject of tonearms this is a reasonable one but worth £400? I think not!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ortofon-RS....c100012.m1985

I'm Geoff.

You've said this before Tom. Have you actually tried a 774? They work just fine with the likes of Deccas and Denon MC's, etc. The fluid damping is not a compromise, it's an effective way of dealing with lower compliance cartridges. The sound quality speaks for itself.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You've said this before Tom. Have you actually tried a 774? They work just fine with the likes of Deccas and Denon MC's, etc. The fluid damping is not a compromise, it's an effective way of dealing with lower compliance cartridges. The sound quality speaks for itself.
    I had one years ago on a Walker CJ55. Admittedly not in the main system. It didn't shine for me, unmemorable really. But I can't honestly say I've tried one in earnest with a top flight cartridge on a high-end deck.

However I'm so wedded to cartridge swapping (a sizeable chunk of my vinyl is mono) that going without removable headshell would be unthinkable for me these days (hence forking out big bucks for the Ikeda) - so the comparison is academic for me, I'm never likely to buy one.

I do like the Zeta though as you say, works fab with Koetsus, Kisekis, Denon 103s and the like, but you wouldn't want to stick a Shure V15 on it.

I'm on record as having had serial disappointment with Deccas as well so I guess I'm well out of step with the general consensus of the forum.

+ Reply to Thread