+ Reply to Thread
Page 799 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 299699749789797798799800801809849899 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I did, and then I joined AoS
    Barry

I'm Anto.

It makes you laugh . Dear dear me . I would sooner thrash my buttocks with holly and nettles than think about parting with that sort of money
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    It makes you laugh . Dear dear me . I would sooner thrash my buttocks with holly and nettles than think about parting with that sort of money
    I don't need to think about it, 'cos I ain't got it!

(did have a while back though)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't need to think about it, 'cos I ain't got it!

(did have a while back though)
    Joking apart , whats it worth??
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Geoff.

Not a clue Anto. Never looked into the make. But I'm sure there are those here who could give an educated opinion.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

I think it depends if you want to use it or collect it.

I'm 100% sure there's quite a few vinyl rigs on the forum put together at 5-10 per cent of that asking price that could boast superior performance. (IMNSHO mine would be one of them!).

Collectors have a logic of their own of course, rarity or reputation being worth more than sound quality and the horrid word 'investment' creeping in, the assumption there's a 'greater fool' out there who would pay even more at some future date.

Not being one of their number I have no idea if the seller is a total piss taker or whether there's a queue forming.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Anyone with a spare £50,000 loose in their pocket?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EMT-927A-s....c100011.m1850

It is actually a bit more than that, as you need to add 21% vat to the price as well.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The seller is based in the EU, so no VAT payable.

The deck advertised is the EMT 927, a broadcast standard deck capable of playing 16" LPs. For some audio enthusiasts it is the Holy Grail of rim drive (idler) TTs. The 927 along with its smaller brother, the EMT 930, are especially revered in Japan. I saw a shrink-wrapped sample in perfect condition in an up-market audio salon when I visted Japan a few years ago.

I have a 930 which I love, but your are largely restricted to using the (albeit excellent) EMT cartridges. One can, with a bit of manual dexterity, fit other cartridges into an emplty TSD-G headshell, but it's a tight fit.
    Barry

I'm Hugo.

Only VAT free within the EU if the buyer has a valid VAT number, otherwise it’s plus 21%. Since this listing is priced excluding VAT, I presume that the seller is confident that it will end up somewhere like the Far East.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The seller is based in the EU, so no VAT payable.

The deck advertised is the EMT 927, a broadcast standard deck capable of playing 16" LPs. For some audio enthusiasts it is the Holy Grail of rim drive (idler) TTs. The 927 along with its smaller brother, the EMT 930, are especially revered in Japan. I saw a shrink-wrapped sample in perfect condition in an up-market audio salon when I visted Japan a few years ago.

I have a 930 which I love, but your are largely restricted to using the (albeit excellent) EMT cartridges. One can, with a bit of manual dexterity, fit other cartridges into an emplty TSD-G headshell, but it's a tight fit.

I'm Mike.

Not e-bay and maybe not such a bargain.....??? I'm sure there are those on here who will have an opinion: https://www.gumtree.com/p/hi-fi-sepa...ly-/1269771116

+ Reply to Thread