+ Reply to Thread
Page 789 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 289689739779787788789790791799839889 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,890 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Whats a reasonable buying price for these
    Whatever folk are willing to bid. They are too rare for a price to be pinned on them. I'd guess you may not be far out though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Whatever folk are willing to bid. They are too rare for a price to be pinned on them. I'd guess you may not be far out though.
    Seller says he bought them from Emporium for £750. Emporium always ask top dollar these days so knock off 20% from that and you're about right.

They may be rare and very good but people don't want big, 1970s looking speakers anymore so that affects the value more than anything.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Apogee Centaur Minor hybrid ribbon speakers in West London. No bids and ending in less than half an hour. £99 start price. Bargain!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apogee-Cen...QAAOSwUMxZlcMG
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dan.

Have you seen these Tannoy Pumas Geoff - Weird they appear to have Cheviot MKII XOvers for some reason can they work with 15's in these...?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-Pum...0AAOSwhlZZvoz8
    Last edited by dantheman91; 17-09-2017 at 19:09.
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Have you seen these Tannoy Pumas Geoff - Weird they appear to have Cheviot MKII XOvers for some reason can they drive 15's in these...?

Part of Tannoy "Big Cats" range of PA speaker's
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Geoff.

Have you seen these Tannoy Pumas Geoff - Weird they appear to have Cheviot MKII XOvers for some reason can they drive 15's in these...?

I'd imagine that combination of driver and crossover may work rather well. It's not a question of the crossover "driving". The 1kHz crossover is basically similar for the 15" and 12" units and should give decent enough results, although the sensitivity of the 15" driver is slightly higher.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'd imagine that combination of driver and crossover may work rather well. It's not a question of the crossover "driving". The 1kHz crossover is basically similar for the 15" and 12" units and should give decent enough results, although the sensitivity of the 15" driver is slightly higher.
    Interesting!....Would love a pair i know someone who does Driving them with Pye HF5/8's
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Geoff.

Interesting!....Would love a pair i know someone who does Driving them with Pye HF5/8's
    Well they'll certainly sound like proper Tannoys. The 15" driver is a close relative of the 12" one in my Cheviot II speakers and mine are the best sounding Tannoys I've owned bar none. And, yes, I've had Monitor Golds and HPD's.

The Puma is a compact stage monitor and not designed for deep bass. Those drivers are crying out for some big cabinets.

The SRM 15X is essentially the same driver in a decent sized cabinet. A pair of those will likely set you back a couple of grand.

I'm Geoff.

If you were interested in them, it might be best to establish that they do have the 3128 crossovers and not just the terminal plate. Although the drivers are worth a few quid anyway.

I'm Anto.

There are NO bargains on E Bay any more
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

+ Reply to Thread