+ Reply to Thread
Page 691 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 191591641681689690691692693701741791 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,910 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    These look interesting http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Floor-stan...3D172518569677

KEF bass drivers? And what appear to be 3 tweeters.
    Spotted those earlier. Kef B200 bass driver and T27 tweeter with Goodmans DT3 tweeter by the look of it. Odd selection of drivers. Can't see the point really.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    These look interesting http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Floor-stan...3D172518569677

KEF bass drivers? And what appear to be 3 tweeters.
    Looks like two upper units, the other thing looks like a pot probably to control tweeter level.
    Spendorman

I'm Andrew.

Most folk who aren't into this gear think any speaker over a foot tall is a floor stander. I see them on there all the time.

I'm Dave.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALCHEMIST-...-/192100881849

Alchemist Kraken. I agree with the sellers description on looks ( i like the look), but full class A, don't think so,maybe first few watts ( Jez could answer this I'm sure). Excellent phono stage, 'err umm' well for me not that great. I would not describe the sound as the seller has, some say grainy, some warm. I like these amps, and use mine loads.
    I like it that the seller has placed the power box to the side of the Amp, as most sellers place it on top, where it just looks odd.
    Best with an 8ohm speaker, but can work with other rated speakers. Runs very hot, i added 'fin' legs to mine to raise it up a wee bit. Looks better ( to me), and more air flow around it.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALCHEMIST-...-/192100881849

Alchemist Kraken. I agree with the sellers description on looks ( i like the look), but full class A, don't think so,maybe first few watts ( Jez could answer this I'm sure). Excellent phono stage, 'err umm' well for me not that great. I would not describe the sound as the seller has, some say grainy, some warm. I like these amps, and use mine loads.
    I like it that the seller has placed the power box to the side of the Amp, as most sellers place it on top, where it just looks odd.
    Best with an 8ohm speaker, but can work with other rated speakers. Runs very hot, i added 'fin' legs to mine to raise it up a wee bit. Looks better ( to me), and more air flow around it.
    been watching that myself. great amps these. Ali had one for a while..think it was Shanes before.. Run pretty hot; yes class A I think. sound good
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I reckon it'll fetch a few quid though.

I've seen them for sale over the years, but somehow never been attracted enough to want one.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Sound great to me Grant, but don't think fully class A. Yes Ali had Shanes one, then Shane had it back of Ali. He sold it on. Jez and Ali done some work on it i think.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I reckon it'll fetch a few quid though.
    Not sure , seen a few go from £130.00 - £300.00, as this has the 2 trans, may be more close to £300.00. I would assume £220.00- £250.00, but depends on how much someone wants it, like most stuff these days.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Not sure , seen a few go from £130.00 - £300.00, as this has the 2 trans, may be more close to £300.00. I would assume £220.00- £250.00, but depends on how much someone wants it, like most stuff these days.
    I'd expect about £275 for it. got double trannies I think. Worth that if in good nick. Pity I cant afford it lol. Was quite taken with Ali's one on Garys speakers. It would be overkill for my speakers anyway.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread