+ Reply to Thread
Page 677 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 177577627667675676677678679687727777 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    madness!
    Not as mad as the fact that the record was hopelessly over graded, and the seller wanted payment with no possible comeback.. recipe for a perfect transaction.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Richie.

yep - how you could fork out that sort of dough without listening to it first is beyond me...

I'm Richie.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Would rather spend the cash on a new turntable, still each to their own...
    agree - buy a repress for 20 bucks and spend the rest on a rig to listen to it...

I'm Steve.

The Excellent play back was probably via that old Mitsi Vertical tracker with the unmentioned bent cantilever he's now got up for sale. All those rice crispies and click noises are supposed to be there.. retro innit.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Richie.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yeah. The Pioneer dates from about then. You may find that the Eatons want -1 on the treble 'energy' control. Jap amps can sound a little forward at the top with Tannoys I've found. You won't like what the 'roll'off' control does, you lose top end.
    They are in and I have had three hours of listening. They are really something. The difference in presentation between these and the Curas is astonishing. They go a lot lower than the Curas, but the Curas seem to be a lot tighter and seem to have a different way of serving up treble. However, the imaging of the Eatons leaves them for dead and the midrange is incredible. A big improvement at lower volume too

It will take some getting used to...

[edit- you were right about winding the treble back, too, btw]

I'm Geoff.

Why not start a separate thread in Past Masters Richie and keep us posted on how you get on with these. Some piccies of them in your system would be good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richie.

Sure

I'm brian.

Gone.

Bigman80 Guest

Hi all,

As you may remember I shared this last week.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172504612862

It's an SME3009 S2 on a Toshiba sr370

Alamo (andy) and I went to have a look after haggling him down to £340 over eBay.

When we got there the seller, Rob, tried to dash to the front door with it for a quick hand over. We weren't happy to pay without checking it over.

When we did the tonearm had lots of rotational play and moved front to back through the yoke freely. There is a video on YouTube under "SME clearance issue". I can't post a link for some reason. like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDHecMk4d_w

I advised Andy that I felt there was an issue with the tonearm and felt we should leave it. The seller then decided to demand "fee reimbursement" even though there was no fee to pay.

I would avoid this guy, he was rather unpleasant.

He's also taken to his description of the item to bad mouth us both. Lovely

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigman80; 28-01-2017 at 19:51.

I'm Mike.

Is this bloke on the same planet as the rest of us?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-ST...UAAOSw241YiZ4f

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread