+ Reply to Thread
Page 675 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 175575625665673674675676677685725775 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,750 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by 09mike69 View Post
    You jest surely? They are not worth anything like that. They don't sound very nice anyway. I wouldn't pay £30 for one.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You jest surely? They are not worth anything like that. They don't sound very nice anyway. I wouldn't pay £30 for one.
    i had a delta 30 that i thought sounded pretty good. looks in nice nick and clean inside, but i honestly dont know why this is fetching that kind of price.
    maybe willing to ship oversea's, i've seen ditton 15's go for silly money because the seller would ship worldwide.
    still alot though, eh.

I'm Geoff.

Tannoy Eaton HPD 295A speakers. Collect from central London, £400 'buy it now'! Cheap by current standards.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eaton-Tann...YAAOSwUKxYhl4D
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Tannoy Eaton HPD 295A speakers. Collect from central London, £400 'buy it now'! Cheap by current standards.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eaton-Tann...YAAOSwUKxYhl4D
    No bids either, well worth a cheeky punt, starting price £75

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    No bids either, well worth a cheeky punt, starting price £75
    If you put a low bid in, you won't get them. There will be potential buyers who'll have spotted them and primed their bid snipers with close to asking price bids. At the asking price they are worth grabbing anyway. The Eatons are very nice (even if you do have to pay the congestion charge to pick them up). Quite tempted myself actually, they are only about ten miles from me, but do I really need a third pair of Tannoys?

I'm Steve.

It's getting a bit crazy out there isn't it , now many people will say that a turntable that cost no more than about £20 in its day is never worth the best part of £2000 in todays money, and they have a very good point. However if you look at it the other way how much would a 301 cost if was manufactured today ? ?....double the price? I should think so .Now I am not advocating that we should all be paying that sort of money for a 301, far from it ! £2000 is mad, but if you put one in a good plinth and if you put a uni pivot arm on it and a good moving magnet cartridge it's with out doubt one of the most engaging front ends I have ever heard. At any price , but it's a fact that these turntables are going up in price, and if you'r ears tell you that this turntable is for you buy one now , they usually go for £600 to £900 and that is a very good one (ore should be! )at those prices , from a engineering, and listening point of view its a very good buy . As are many classics . Technics sl 110
    ( no not the 1210!) ...........sp15 and sp10 and a few more that can hold there own against most of what's being made today. My oldest son wanted to buy a turntable he was looking at £1000/£1500, I gave him some of my experiences and advised him on a td 124 with an rb 250 or a second hand origin ol 1, just to get things rolling , the front end would be sorted. ....He would only have to upgrade the arm and cartridg in the future and as he was very impressed with my 124/ origin ol1......so he went to a dealer and bought a grands worth of .project turntable with arm and cartridge. It sounds ok........ oh dear !

I'm Geoff.

I paid £25 for my first white 301, which came with an SME 3009, V15 Shure, Leak Troughline tuner, Varislope 2 pre-amp and Stereo 20 power amp, all in a big sixties cabinet. Mind you, that was over thirty years ago.

My silver 301 cost me £30 about five years later.

And the 401 in SME 2000 plinth with SME 3009 arm was £60, also about 25 years ago.

My Goldring Lenco G88 cost £12 and the G99 cost £18, both bought twenty years ago or more.

Just goes to show how prices have gone.

I'm brian.

Whats that about putting a wise head on young shoulders ?

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Henry Jones View Post
    I gave him some of my experiences and advised him on a td 124 with an rb 250 or a second hand origin ol 1, just to get things rolling , the front end would be sorted. ....He would only have to upgrade the arm and cartridg in the future and as he was very impressed with my 124/ origin ol1......so he went to a dealer and bought a grands worth of .project turntable with arm and cartridge. It sounds ok........ oh dear !
    ouch.

and now you have to look at it every time you go round, and bite your tongue from saying "it's not as good as a Thorens".

Meanwhile, MARANTZ 2500 on eBay. Grab a bargain!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARANTZ-2500...-/172495091252

I'm Richie.

If you put a low bid in, you won't get them. There will be potential buyers who'll have spotted them and primed their bid snipers with close to asking price bids. At the asking price they are worth grabbing anyway. The Eatons are very nice (even if you do have to pay the congestion charge to pick them up). Quite tempted myself actually, they are only about ten miles from me, but do I really need a third pair of Tannoys?
    i emailed the seller this afternoon. they were michael palin/monty python's speakers at some point in their life and the seller needed to move then on as quick as possible, i gave him a reasonable offer and he has accepted.

pick them up tomorrow! can't really afford it and ill need to shift some gear on, but i have wanted to see what the tannoy noise is all about.

exciting...

+ Reply to Thread