+ Reply to Thread
Page 664 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 164564614654662663664665666674714764 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,640 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm jamie.

i would say that due to the fact there must be at least 12 of us on here alone that have the mission 774 on our ebay watch list you can expect to pay from £250 to £400 for a good one without the sagging counter weight.

ive not seen one on ebay for about 4 months.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Lol, we own them all !!!!!!!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Lol, we own them all !!!!!!!

ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US !!!

Actually not everyone here is a 774 lover, if it were me I'd stick a Jelco 750 D on it, far more flexible in practical terms, and more suitable for higher-mass cartridges. (And in my view a better arm but that's an argument I'm not going to win here!)

I'm Michael.

The TT and a £300 ish 774 would be over what I'd planned to spend, slap a £1200 cartridge on it I'll be washing dishes for several lifetimes! Ignorance is bliss! Lol

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Distropix View Post
    The TT and a £300 ish 774 would be over what I'd planned to spend, slap a £1200 cartridge on it I'll be washing dishes for several lifetimes! Ignorance is bliss! Lol
    It doesn't have to be a mission.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US !!!

Actually not everyone here is a 774 lover, if it were me I'd stick a Jelco 750 D on it, far more flexible in practical terms, and more suitable for higher-mass cartridges. (And in my view a better arm but that's an argument I'm not going to win here!)
    I flirted with the idea of a Jelco but got talked out of it.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I flirted with the idea of a Jelco but got talked out of it.

Slip of the fingers there when I wrote higher mass I meant lower compliance, it if of course the tonearm that's higher mass.

I'm actuallly a huge fan of the Jelco, out of the box it's a superb arm, but with one of the Ammonite Audio collars, possibly a rewire (copper is fine and much cheaper than silver) and bearing fettle at Audio Origami, it's a giant killer.

And lots of options as well, 9in, 10in, 12in, different arm weight combinations and none of the hassle you get with 'vintage' arms. Better than many, many of the older arms that people get all nostalgic over.

I'm jamie.

And lots of options as well, 9in, 10in, 12in, different arm weight combinations and none of the hassle you get with 'vintage' arms. Better than many, many of the older arms that people get all nostalgic over.
    thats really refreshing to hear! particularly the last bit!
    ive had 2 774 arms and whilst they are good,to me they just dont have the 'look' the cartridge always looks odd when mounted too the tiny block. aesthetics matter to me as well as the sound.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Slip of the fingers there when I wrote higher mass I meant lower compliance, it if of course the tonearm that's higher mass.

I'm actuallly a huge fan of the Jelco, out of the box it's a superb arm, but with one of the Ammonite Audio collars, possibly a rewire (copper is fine and much cheaper than silver) and bearing fettle at Audio Origami, it's a giant killer.

Ye, I thought I must've been a typo!

Hmmm. Got me thinking again now lol

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Toshiba SR 370 without arm £116 including postage.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332089202852

I'm tempted but don't need it lol
    Ok, who bought it !!!!

+ Reply to Thread