+ Reply to Thread
Page 663 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 163563613653661662663664665673713763 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Michael.

Direct drive?? Thought belt drive the best?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Grab it somebody. It's the best kept secret in Hi-Fi, a top sounding turntable.
    I would but I don't honestly need it, I already have a Michell Focus One sitting upstairs doing nothing. Which was an impulse buy lol.

This would end up doing the same and there's nothing about to usurp my modded 1210.

It's cheap, but it's never a bargain if you don't need it

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Distropix View Post
    Why would you think that Michael?

There is no 'best' type of turntable. Good belt drive, idler drive and direct drive designs can each offer great performance.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Hugh.

Mmm, some deprogramming required here.

I'm Michael.

I'm quoting my limited knowledge! Thought direct drive added rumble to the platter or vibration.. after I posted that I thought, hang on why are there are better qualified folk on the forum saying good things about said TT. I'm looking to replace the Pioneer PL-1120 was thinking Rega 3 level, how does the Toshiba compare to that?

I'm Geoff.

I'm quoting my limited knowledge! Thought direct drive added rumble to the platter or vibration.. after I posted that I thought, hang on why are there are better qualified folk on the forum saying good things about said TT. I'm looking to replace the Pioneer PL-1120 was thinking Rega 3 level, how does the Toshiba compare to that?
    The Rega is not even remotely in the same league. I've compared them.

No rumble or audible noise at all from the Toshiba. Typical smooth direct drive silence.

This is a pretty hefty turntable by the way. It weighs half as much again as a Technics SL-1200. The motor apparently is the same item as used in the classic Pioneer PL-71, so it can't be bad.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

In my humble opinion, I owned an Inspire Quest which is basically an improved Rega. It was brilliant but the Toshiba is twice as good. Easily. If you have the money for a decent arm I guarantee you'll be pleased with the Toshiba

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Michael.

A quick search for the Mission 774 tonearm is approx £200 is that a fair ball park? Is it a plug and play or do I need to grow my beard longer and learn Jedi soldering skills? Could my untrained ear tell the difference with my current set up (Celestion Ditton 33's and Sony TA FE530R amp)

I'm Geoff.

A quick search for the Mission 774 tonearm is approx £200 is that a fair ball park? Is it a plug and play or do I need to grow my beard longer and learn Jedi soldering skills? Could my untrained ear tell the difference with my current set up (Celestion Ditton 33's and Sony TA FE530R amp)
    You can still occasionally pick up a 774 for around £200, but they have been fetching a fair bit more here and there. (probably my fault )

They are relatively easy to set up and there's a mountain of advice available here on the forum.

Yes. You would definitely hear a difference. To what degree would depend largely on how decent your cartridge is.

I've had the 774 sounding marvelous with a £1200 MC cart on it.

Bigman80 Guest

Sony make good amps mate. I have a 730ES and it sounds great on there.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread