+ Reply to Thread
Page 639 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 139539589629637638639640641649689739 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Clarity is OK Dan, but I wasn't really keen. To me they just sounded like what they are. Tiny speakers. They were just something I picked up at a boot sale out of curiosity.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Cant really go far wrong at that price Dan
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Taz.

They look interesting tbh and would like to know what you think of them Dan

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    What an utter buffoon!

S.
    Apparently they have different twiters
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by TazSob View Post
    They look interesting tbh and would like to know what you think of them Dan
    Hi Taz

Their an interesting design but worth what i payed for them - sound wise good for their size i tested them with "Dark Side of The Moon" and was quite taken with the clarity as Geoff has stated their is no low bass but its very light but its noticeable but the instrumental detail is clean verdict i will keep them as they are too cute not too apparently the cone magnet is nearly the size of the cabinet.

Theirs a pair on eBay ending today @ £29 its a BIN price so take a look and give them a go if you want to if not i will put an offer in for these too great for the money ideal for my just put something on to play music with no fuss.
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

I'm Geoff.

If it's of interest. The drivers would probably work rather well in a small horn or OB speaker.

They'll be nice quality. Quite likely made for Technics by Coral or Foster (Fostex).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Taz.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Hi Taz

Theirs a pair on eBay ending today @ £29 its a BIN price so take a look and give them a go if you want to if not i will put an offer in for these too great for the money ideal for my just put something on to play music with no fuss.
    Thank you for the info Dan, i've just bought a pair of technics ca-1060s and will give these a try for now. Thanks for the pointer and I'll keep an eye out for some in the future. They look like they would work really well as rear surrounds for a av system

I'm Grant.

Nice set of tangent speakers. These were quite good if memory serves.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tangent-Ac...oAAOSwMVdYG6OH
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Wharfedale Dovedale III crossover. £50 for one!! Barmy. That's about all I'd pay for a complete pair of the speakers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-VINTA...YAAOxytBZSQ0Bb

I'm Grant.

I paid more than that for empty cabs quite well made too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread