+ Reply to Thread
Page 627 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 127527577617625626627628629637677727 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wood View Post
    Trust me on this Neil, I almost definitely made this amp myself, it was also me who came up with the name "Mistral"

These amps were not made until 96, maybe 97.

Also, they could be supplied with the phono board inside, which is basically an LFD mmo board but from memory different caps but pretty much the same as the MMO.

It could be changed to MC by soldering across a couple of pins, or was it cutting the solder joint, cant remember which way round.

But it was far more than a get you home phone stage

A phono stage board could be retro fitted to these amps, but as it happens this one definitely does have the phono board inside, I messaged the seller and asked.

Btw, not a huge difference between the mistral and the LFD int zero, wiring and caps tbh, same main pcb and transformer.

The Int Zero LE had a bigger transformer and heatsink which actually meant about 90 watts, its the same transformer that went into all the bigger lfd amps at the time.

I did suggest to Richard that we should make a super mistral with this transformer, cant actually remember if any were made though, might have been...
    Very interesting post Jeff.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Update

Well this amplifier arrived sure needed a good clean seems to have come up well as of yet not tested

The one thing the seller did not mention was the Rust/Oxidized RCA inputs jacks....Any idea on how to remove this from them?
    Green scouring pad (pot cleaner) with a little Brasso or T-cut on it. Be careful not to rub the plating completely off though.

I'm John.

What about these bad boys on Gumtree, if I had room I'd be giving them a try.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/speakers/k...ers/1194380957

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    What about these bad boys on Gumtree, if I had room I'd be giving them a try.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/speakers/k...ers/1194380957
    That's probably the most they're worth. Chipboard cabinets and cheap drivers. May sound OK though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's probably the most they're worth. Chipboard cabinets and cheap drivers. May sound OK though.
    They look awesome though

I'm Geoff.

Colton Varilift tonearm lifter at an eyewatering £120!! That's taking the piss. I swear my wallet would bleed and die of shame if I paid that much .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-co...item41b55ed192
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

They can crush you like a coke can though!

S.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    They can crush you like a coke can though!

S.
    I don't think they're very heavy Shane. I doubt they're as big as you think. Those look like 8" bass drivers to me and I bet the magnets are not huge. The horns are plastic and the woodwork won't be thick.

I'm John.

I don't think they're very heavy Shane. I doubt they're as big as you think. Those look like 8" bass drivers to me and I bet the magnets are not huge. The horns are plastic and the woodwork won't be thick.
    Look more like 10" speakers to me Geoff. Think Shane means crush you with SPLs!

I'm Shane.

+ Reply to Thread