+ Reply to Thread
Page 390 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490890 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Remember baker making drivers around that time as well..
    No, thats not the one.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

Yes Comet came of age and screwed everyone up with their selling from hugecwarehouses. I was never out of the one in Edinburgh
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Remember baker making drivers around that time as well..
    There was a Lasky clearance shop by Tandy and they were selling off Baker, Whiteley Stentorian and Tannoy discontinued stuff back then. Cost me a fortune that shop. A pair of 12" Baker Superb drivers, a pair of 12" Stentorian HF1216 and 10" HF1016 and 8" HF812, plus many crossovers and constant impedance attenuators (may still have a couple). A pair of Tannoy IIILZ speakers and an extra pair of IIILZ drivers.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Tandy amps and receivers, mainly Realistic named, were generally pretty good. I vaguely remember the name Olson. Rotel RA-611 is getting modern!
    I used to smile at the thought of audio gear being named 'Realistic'.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There was a Lasky clearance shop by Tandy and they were selling off Baker, Whiteley Stentorian and Tannoy discontinued stuff back then. Cost me a fortune that shop. A pair of 12" Baker Superb drivers, a pair of 12" Stentorian HF1216 and 10" HF1016 and 8" HF812, plus many crossovers and constant impedance attenuators (may still have a couple). A pair of Tannoy IIILZ speakers and an extra pair of IIILZ drivers.
    Sentorian is a blast...they were good..Fane were selling out of such shops a lot as were Goodmans and Elac
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I always wanted a pair of those enormous 19" by 14" elliptical bass drivers EMI made. The version with the huge magnets. They were being flogged off cheaply back then, but whenever I spotted some I'd already spent my cash elsewhere. Ended up with 14A770N units instead.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

I always wanted a pair of those enormous 19" by 14" elliptical bass drivers EMI made. The version with the huge magnets. They were being flogged off cheaply back then, but whenever I spotted some I'd already spent my cash elsewhere. Ended up with 14A770N units instead.
    Think rtvc became more into car audio later on.... I used to ge practical Electronics a lot...made me look smart there was usually a copy of H&E inside mind
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shane.

Geoff,

There used to be a Tandy shop based in West Ealing. Opposite the McDonald's restaurant. I still remember seeing all the jap crap stuff in there

Their hot selling big Jamo speakers had that typical 90's look about them.

S.

I'm Alex.

I liked the idea of the 19" x 14" EMI's, have four 14A770c's though. Pretty nice units. EMI drive units were RTV's big seller.

Then there was Lee Electronics just across the road. Lee also sold quite a lot of EMI units. THey did the Hi Fi news system using the 14A770 EMI and a KEF T27
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Then there was Lee Electronics just across the road. Lee also sold quite a lot of EMI units. THey did the Hi Fi news system using the 14A770 EMI and a KEF T27
    That vaguely rings a bell. I recall one of the mags doing a system using a 13" x 8" Fane bextrene coned unit. About the same time the Daline came along.

+ Reply to Thread