+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395445845 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

Box13 Guest

Default p.s.

The Q.E.D. is the white variety, I have been told the black sounds slightly superior, but took that information with a fair amount of scepticism.

Box13 Guest

Default http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castle-Trent-II-Audio-HIFI-monitor-speakers-/141716424424?p

What does the membership think to these as a proposition please?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    no, I meant that set of full range drivers you showed me lol.... just need some suitable donor cabs at right price
    Ah. All becomes clear now.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    Might that be yours by any chance?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Felipe.

crazy?? £280 for a pair of trents?... I had them twice, love them for what they do with their size but 280?...

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Box13 View Post
    The Q.E.D. is the white variety, I have been told the black sounds slightly superior, but took that information with a fair amount of scepticism.
    Overcooked spaghetti, wet string or bell wire all sound better than the white QED anniversary. It is, in my opinion the harshest, nastiest "Audiophile" cable on the planet. I had 20 metres of it which I threw out as I was too embarrassed to sell it on.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Overcooked spaghetti, wet string or bell wire all sound better than the white QED anniversary. It is, in my opinion the harshest, nastiest "Audiophile" cable on the planet. I had 20 metres of it which I threw out as I was too embarrassed to sell it on.
    Yes. It's horrible. Just about anything other than that is better.

Box13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Xapito View Post
    crazy?? £280 for a pair of trents?... I had them twice, love them for what they do with their size but 280?...
    I am sorry if I appear obtuse, but is crazy??? = good or bad?

Box13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post

Yes I have heard similar things about it. While I do not take you to task over bell wire, I do not think spaghetti would actually convey a current. The dogs would love it though!

Box13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes. It's horrible. Just about anything other than that is better.
    Would you be so gracious as to forward some recommendations please?

+ Reply to Thread