+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440840 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Felipe.

Thanks for the kind words Paul, I see it this way: it gives me the heart and will to look for another gems in the future when this phase is long gone! The PMA-850 is a really good amp and damn heavy too, basically the same weight as my AU-11000.

I'm keeping some other units so not all is lost I'll keep some smallish and a few bigger units to keep rotating and having my mind distracted, for instance I got a mint Nikko NR-1015 this week that is easing the pain of parting with others

edit: I forgot to addd, this specific 330A unit I have is a MONSTER of a vintage receiver!! It trumps so many other receivers, independently of the price, that I can't even really care to count... not sure why, but it originally came with the 330C transformer which I find a bit odd and the PCB's are different than the usual (white strips), but the sound is delicious with monster bass!

I'm Grant.

bit of a bargain for our Welsh contingent here.. some nice B&O for peanuts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bang-and-O...p2056016.l4276
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

a sondek lp12 with nice arm and cart

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linn-sonde...p2056016.l4276
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    a sondek lp12 with nice arm and cart

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linn-sonde...p2056016.l4276
    Yes. Decent arm. Never fancied a SodDek though. I've used a couple and heard loads of others. It's not for me.

I remember a mate using one with a Zeta arm and Koetsu Red years ago and he thought it was the business (I wasn't so impressed) until he got a Roksan Xerxes using the same arm and cart. The difference in focus and transparency was a revelation. I thought it sounded fantastic.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

only deck I really fancy bar the one I have is the one Neil is selling. heard one b4 and even though it sounds great it looks as they say up here...."The Berries"
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shane.

Xerxes is a good turntable.

S.

I'm Geoff.

only deck I really fancy bar the one I have is the one Neil is selling. heard one b4 and even though it sounds great it looks as they say up here...."The Berries"
    Yes. If I had room for another TT, I'd buy it!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Have you PMd him. He may fancy this. It must be at least as nice as the one he's been using!

I'm Grant.

no. ive not , will do tho..good idea

edit...have pm-ed him
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread