I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post

Grate? As in firewood?

I'm Mike.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Made-K...c=1&rmvSB=true

Not many ebay listings offer this though:

"Higher outputs due to increased come loading"

I'm Felipe.

Castle Speakers herehere!(Maybe Richmond's?)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CASTLE-SPE...item2802780be8

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xapito View Post
    Castle Speakers herehere!(Maybe Richmond's?)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CASTLE-SPE...item2802780be8
    Are they Castles? Not one I can recall. They may have Castle badges, but they look more like Videoton Minimax's to me.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Geoff.

I was keeping quiet about these with a view to buying them. A pair of boxed Corellis in what looks like mint condition. Probably the best of the earlier 'C' Series KEFs. More tonally accurate than the now sought after R103 & R104 variants. These are very good indeed. Think LS3/5a with bass and you'll be about right.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2520008598...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

With a bit of soul searching, I've decided not to go for them. I just don't have room for more speakers. (yes Grant, they are the one's I was keeping under my hat )

I predict this model will rocket in value in the near future.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Grant.

Ok. yes i saw those but never ascosiated you with them. Quite nice speakers in good condition..nice to have the box etc. i am into a set that finish in 3 days so will alas pass too
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Martin.

Big infinity with 15 inch bass - collection in Birmingham. probably have a punt on these if they were closer, price is right:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Infinity-S...3D261930141435
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I have currently 2 sets of speakers with b200 drivers so initially theyll be spares but these are the paper elac version(at least i think they are) so may be better than my ones
    I got some of these paper cone B200's about 8 years ago. First thing I noticed was that the cone shape /look, reminded of old Elac speakers I used in the late 60's, Elac 8N148 and Elac 8N185.

Is this a coincidence!
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

They are also very similar to the Mordaunt Short DSB 208 apart from the mounting layout.
    Mr. Tact!

I'm Grant.

elac paper drivers were improved version of old lowther drivers i think.should produce a nice even sound. including postage they cost 11 50 so am pleased to have them. once ive got them i will compare.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

+ Reply to Thread