+ Reply to Thread
Page 298 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398798 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Pretty good actually.
    I keep being tempted to buy a radio for the system but don't know how much I would actually use it...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

not as pretty but a rpi gets internet radio. its pretty good too. I do like the look of that radio but I wouldnt have room and wouldnt use it tbh....great bit of furnishing tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not as pretty but a rpi gets internet radio. its pretty good too. I do like the look of that radio but I wouldnt have room and wouldnt use it tbh....great bit of furnishing tho
    Sorry for my ignorance but what's a rpi ?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Rampant pudding injection!

(just kidding )
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Rampant pudding injection!

(just kidding )
    Are now I understand...
    Bev

I'm Grant.

raspberry pi streaming mini pc...volumio operating system has a full list of radio stations. you can use it just for that if you wish. mine has the optional dac fitted.so all in one, and controlled from my tablet...simple but remarkably good sound
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    raspberry pi streaming mini pc...volumio operating system has a full list of radio stations. you can use it just for that if you wish. mine has the optional dac fitted.so all in one, and controlled from my tablet...simple but remarkably good sound
    Thanks for that Grant...
    Bev

I'm Grant.

my rpi/dac with attached hard drive. neat aint it....the hdd is the big one lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm inactive.

Really peed off big time with this one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVOX-B261...vip=true&rt=nc

I put in a bid first time around but couldn't be in at the end time and was outbid by about £20 (went for 95 which is pretty low for this quality)
    Couple of days ago it was re-listed with a min of £50, ending tomorrow so I put in a bid again with the intention of being in at the kill .... this evening got a message from eBay that the bid was cancelled and the item withdrawn - no reason given by the seller GRRRRR!!!

Mike sometimes eBay is like that isn't it ?

It's a wind up to be honest...
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread