+ Reply to Thread
Page 288 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388788 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 10976

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They'll require a fair bit of work, but doable if you know what you're about.
    If these were nearer I'd definitely be after 'em...

I'm Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nice speakers but getting he woofer replaced could be impossible. probably why they are for sale. Love the look though
    If you put JBL 2213 into eBay, you'll find some of the 12" bass drivers available over the pond... and there is one for around £100 delivered.

With regards the 4311's listed, depending on the cabinet & crossover condition, the mid and high frequency drivers can easily be found too, so this might not be such an expensive project as it might first appear. It'll be interesting to see how much these go for, they are not that far from me either so I'm resisting the temptation to have a dabble and if I were to be successful, have Paul @ RFC sprinkle more of his magic speaker dust on them...
    CDP: Primare CD31 Amp: Audio Note Oto SE DAC: M2Tech Young & Van Der Graaf PSU Speakers: Tannoy Cheviots
    Streaming: bespoke Korus server with SOtM soundcard, AudioQuest Jitterbug & Furutech GT2 USB cable
    Speaker Cable: Tellurium Q Black - Interconnects: MS Audio/Klotz MC5000

Come Chill With Me...
    https://www.mixcloud.com/orbscure
    http://theorbscureddj.blogspot.co.uk
    + play + enjoy + float + dream +

I'm Grant.

are you trying to have a jbl harem Pete?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Pete.

I wish Grant... but it breaks my heart to see these fantastic speakers in such poor condition, especially when with a bit of TLC they can sound so damn good

At the other end of the scale though and hardly a bargain either... although I'm not too sure about the baffle colour or the $2000 shipping... but

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBL-4344-P...-/251985259371
    CDP: Primare CD31 Amp: Audio Note Oto SE DAC: M2Tech Young & Van Der Graaf PSU Speakers: Tannoy Cheviots
    Streaming: bespoke Korus server with SOtM soundcard, AudioQuest Jitterbug & Furutech GT2 USB cable
    Speaker Cable: Tellurium Q Black - Interconnects: MS Audio/Klotz MC5000

Come Chill With Me...
    https://www.mixcloud.com/orbscure
    http://theorbscureddj.blogspot.co.uk
    + play + enjoy + float + dream +

I'm Grant.

Those are monsters. Silly money but, hey if youve got it and want them the why not....seen much more money wasted badly
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Those are monsters. Silly money but, hey if youve got it and want them the why not....seen much more money wasted badly
    Yes. You could always buy a pair of LS3/5As.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Probably the best presented set of LS3/5As I have seen: ex-review sample, complete with literature and original packaging. But £6,200 is an absurd amount to pay - there are plenty of BIN offers at between £1,000 - £1,500 a pair; and even those prices are too much.

Just what is it about the LS3/5As that commands these absurd prices? Is the BBC legacy, and if it is why don't other BBC designs fetch as much? Is it that the LS3/5As do offer the best SQ given their size? I don't know - does anyone?
    If anyone is interested, the BBC had a staff purchase scheme I have already bought an A60 from an ex beeb studio manager, which was superb. He is now offering a near mint, hardly used pair of Rogers LS 3/5as. If you are interested. PM me
    Last edited by PaulStewart; 13-06-2015 at 08:27.

I'm Sean.

this bundle looks cheap at £25 with 2 hrs to go. A little investigation on hifiengine suggests the amp is a kA6000

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Stere...item2352577b0a

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Probably the best presented set of LS3/5As I have seen: ex-review sample, complete with literature and original packaging. But £6,200 is an absurd amount to pay - there are plenty of BIN offers at between £1,000 - £1,500 a pair; and even those prices are too much.

Just what is it about the LS3/5As that commands these absurd prices? Is the BBC legacy, and if it is why don't other BBC designs fetch as much? Is it that the LS3/5As do offer the best SQ given their size? I don't know - does anyone?
    Crackers isn't it! Yes they are very good but not £6200 worth of good. Around the same price a a good pair of Quad57s might be reasonable but as they are going for under £600 these days, that is probably what they are worth soundwise. As I have said ad nauseum, I prefer my KEF101s after a careful comparison with my tutor's pair of Rogers at college. He used giant Tannoys at home but played us music at college with the LS35As. Enjoyable certainly but valued at cult levels not realistic prices.

PS Whoops, just noticed Paul's post. If you think this is likely to affect your mate's sale, I'll delete it.

I'm Nodrog.

Obviously a connosser of wood. Perfect condition apparently those end cheeks I've seen naff stain and varnish before but not usually on an £800 amp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marantz-PM...item2c9be4d87f

+ Reply to Thread