+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371771 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Strange that they sounded that bad, I have never heard this model, but all the units are quite good. They would have had to do something wrong with the crossover to make a really bad speaker. KEF B200's are still worth a few quid. You will probably sell them on ebay.

On second thoughts, that Peerless tweeter can be off colour for several reasons, that would make a bad sounding speaker.
    cool, i was hoping they would be at least up with my pageants,sadly not, i would like to hear a pair of ms. signifiers though.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    cool, i was hoping they would be at least up with my pageants,sadly not, i would like to hear a pair of ms. signifiers though.
    I've only owned one pair of MS speakers, the MS400's, 13" x 8" EMI + large Peerless soft dome (some were fitted with KEF T15) and Coles 4001G supertweeter, these were pretty good sounding, though I think they would have benefited from a slightly larger enclosure.
    Spendorman

I'm jamie.

funny you say that as i was just looking at a pair on the bay.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Alex.

Watch out for shrunk surrounds on the extremes of the large axis of the EMI elliptical bass unit.

My friend has done a very effective repair of these on several units.
    Spendorman

I'm Paul.

Extremely rare pair of AR-10Pi speakers

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Thanks Paul. So better than the 800's ? can you tell me what size the drivers are.. I'm guessing 12"...and are those cabinets suitable for the driver? Thanks again for your help
    The LRMs use a higher resonance version of the driver in my Cheviot II speakers. The LRM has the corrugated hard edge surrounds and the Cheviot II has foam roll surrounds. Otherwise the drivers are to all intents and purposes similar. The bass is more extended with the Cheviot II due to the lower driver resonance and larger cabinet. The overall tonal character is very similar though. These are the best sounding 12" pepperpot Tannoy dual concentric units I've used. Better than the Monitor Gold 12" and HPD 315 models I've had.

As for the System 800 in comparison? They are very different, but just about as good in my opinion. The scale is smaller and the top is marginally smoother I feel, but the SRM/Cheviot II have more mid transparency and a touch more vitality about them (and obviously more 'wallop').
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

More Tannoys!

A pair of Tannoy Eatons in Welwyn Garden City at a fair price and open to offers. I love these little monitors (had five pairs), they use the HPD 295A alnico pepperpot driver that has non rotting rubber surrounds and seem to last forever. Basically a ten inch version of the 12" Monitor Gold really. Very sweet sounding and surprisingly punchy. Highly recommended as an intro into 'real' Tannoys.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Ta...3D181759187248
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    Extremely rare pair of AR-10Pi speakers
    The state of them!!

S.

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I don't know if this is a cheap way of buying some 15" Tannoy's or not...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-i15...item25a7268418
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread