+ Reply to Thread
Page 261 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361761 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Another decent pair of Philips 9710M drive units for sale. These are in Sweden. It'll be interesting to see what they fetch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2519550308...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They are remarkable units. You would not think something that looks so old fashioned and simple could sound so good. Very 'live', vibrant and open, with better bass than you'd expect too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Always fancied trying one. Looks like an ADC XLM on the arm too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Should be OK with your MC25FL Grant. That needs around 25/30 ohms I believe.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Should be OK with your MC25FL Grant. That needs around 25/30 ohms I believe.
    50/1 is maybe a tad excessive for the 25 I think but I bet they sound very good. actually you could likely do away with a phono stage all together as it would output about 2 volts

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Always fancied trying one. Looks like an ADC XLM on the arm too.
    Yeh, me too, and I think your right re the cart. be interesting to see if it gets picked up
    Last edited by struth; 13-05-2015 at 23:14.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The nominal output from the MC25FL is 0.5mV. A 50:1 SUT will boost this to 25mV, which on high level passages could possibly overload the phono input of your preamp.

Furthermore, the 50:1 turns ratio will transform the nominal 47K Ohm of your phono input down to 18.8 Ohms, which is too low a loading for the cartridge. Most MC cartridges like to see an impedance of > 100 Ohm.

Quote Originally Posted by Struth
    Actually you could likely do away with a phono stage all together as it would output about 2 volts
    No, you still need the phono stage to provide the necessary RIAA equalisation.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2217630857...STRK:MEBIDX:IT

this may well sound rather good..vortexion made some super gear in the day.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sean.

no idea whether these are any good but seems a very good price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Speakers-/...item27ff6e9dbb

I'm Alan.

Worth a punt at that price. I would if I was in the area.

It's not a lot is it
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Anto.

I agree . Might be better than my old Mission 752's even !!
    How far is Rotherham
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

+ Reply to Thread