+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347747 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Saw that Grant. I went through all the ADC listings worldwide earlier. I was looking for original early seventies items.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Boy that was cheap Geoff.... I take it you rate them though ??
    They're a bit special!

I've had four pairs. Stopped buying them when I finished sorting my current big'uns.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They're a bit special!

I've had four pairs. Stopped buying them when I finished sorting my current big'uns.
    I will look out for them but not at the current £425 asking price.....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Shane.

I saw those Shane but Geoff doesn't really rate them, well certainly not against the System 800's at least... I was going to make him an offer
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

I saw those Shane but Geoff doesn't really rate them, well certainly not against the System 800's at least... I was going to make him an offer
    That's not what I said Bev. The DMTs are good. You mentioned the AMS8, which is not the same by any means. Those System 8 DMTs are too dear though, by at least £50 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's not what I said Bev. The DMTs are good. You mentioned the AMS8, which is not the same by any means. Those System 8 DMTs are too dear though, by at least £50 in my opinion.
    Oh ok Geoff I misunderstood a bit... how good are they against the System 800's ??

I did have a pair of DMT's which I think were the 15's and I cannot say they were any good at the time, however now I have a better amp they my well be very good indeed...
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Oh ok Geoff I misunderstood a bit... how good are they against the System 800's ??
    I can't tell you Bev, not having compared them. My mate has the DMT10 which sound very fine indeed and I've had the System 800 (and 600 and 1000), which are excellent. (The 600 is nice but on a smaller scale. The 1000 is very dynamic, but coloured)

I'm Grant.

A grand for damaged dtm12's....crazy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shane.

I wouldn't mind hearing the DMT 12.

S.

+ Reply to Thread