+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by skimminstones View Post
    I wouldnt buy anything on ebay if they stated no paypal.
    Not that I can vouch for the authenticity of the listing, the seller actually states "Only PayPal Accepted, No COD"
    CDP: Primare CD31 Amp: Audio Note Oto SE DAC: M2Tech Young & Van Der Graaf PSU Speakers: Tannoy Cheviots
    Streaming: bespoke Korus server with SOtM soundcard, AudioQuest Jitterbug & Furutech GT2 USB cable
    Speaker Cable: Tellurium Q Black - Interconnects: MS Audio/Klotz MC5000

Come Chill With Me...
    https://www.mixcloud.com/orbscure
    http://theorbscureddj.blogspot.co.uk
    + play + enjoy + float + dream +

I'm keith.

Quote Originally Posted by orbscure View Post
    Not that I can vouch for the authenticity of the listing, the seller actually states "Only PayPal Accepted, No COD"
    Ive not even looked at the ad, i was just responding to the post i quoted.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    out of interest how does the AR turntable fair against these?
    Probably not much in it either way soundwise. The Thorens is better made. I've seen a few tired bearings and peeling veneer on the later ARs. Both will out perform a Rega Planar 3 for instance in my opinion.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Easily. I've seen these go for over £200. I got that much for my mint example not long ago.
    Yes its worth the asking price I'd think, or very near.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICREX-M-1...item33a04c29df

Nice, shiny beasties these...have to say I've never heard of them though.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by skimminstones View Post
    Ive not even looked at the ad, i was just responding to the post i quoted.
    Sorry, I'd closed the tab so then paraphrased but confusingly paraphrased in quotes..

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by orbscure View Post
    Is he ordering fish and chips?

COD I guess means Cash on Delivery? That doesn't even relate to normal Ebay expectations so I'd guess he's more used to doing dodgy deals in a world outside of ebay and now moved on to this.

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    It actually says 'Only paypal. No COD." No doubt he has access to the associated paypal account too. Why wouldn't he repeat the exercise? He got over £6000 for the Marantz 2s.
    The link I had to the Marantz 2 listing no-longer goes anywhere... so hopefully Ebay has notified the winning bidder and taken away their option to make payment.

I've had that before, with a message saying that an item I'd bid on was suspicious and that I didn't need to complete the transaction. In that case I'd guessed it was dodgy but was taking the chance by instisting I collected in person - I never heard back.

I'm Sam.

This has got to be good and fun for a tenner!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/80s-Trio-b...-/181711139266

I've seen one of those tuners before and they're very pretty in an 80s way. Best of all though, with the remote unit, find a Kenwood/Trio KD4100 turntable and you get yourself a remote controlled record deck!

Here's a photo of the system from a catalogue courtesy of www.fmtunerinfo.com (sounds like the tuner isn't very good by their standards though):

I'm Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    The link I had to the Marantz 2 listing no-longer goes anywhere... so hopefully Ebay has notified the winning bidder and taken away their option to make payment.
    It was relisted again Sam and sold for £6K here
    CDP: Primare CD31 Amp: Audio Note Oto SE DAC: M2Tech Young & Van Der Graaf PSU Speakers: Tannoy Cheviots
    Streaming: bespoke Korus server with SOtM soundcard, AudioQuest Jitterbug & Furutech GT2 USB cable
    Speaker Cable: Tellurium Q Black - Interconnects: MS Audio/Klotz MC5000

Come Chill With Me...
    https://www.mixcloud.com/orbscure
    http://theorbscureddj.blogspot.co.uk
    + play + enjoy + float + dream +

+ Reply to Thread