+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    These Urei 815A monitors look like they mean business.
    Look like they might put your windows out...lol.

I'm bob.

Very slightly amusing due to the location of the item.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...891633&alt=web

I'm Geoff.

Tidy looking vintage Rogers Ravensbourne amp. Bid up to £140 so far and ending soon. They're sort of OK, but I'd far sooner spend a bit less on the better sounding Ravensbrook unit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-RO...item5b0f2d5650
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andr'e.

i wouldnt pay £140 for one of those. i was hard set on getting £75 last month for mine.

I'm Geoff.

A real bargain! Job lot of twelve 8 ohm midrange horn drivers and 42 piezo horn tweeters, just been used for display. £30 for the lot. Dirt cheap!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Horns-Twee...item25a33427cd

They may be cheapo units but they have to be worth more than that.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quite an attractive TT although no idea if its any good. direct drive though and only 22 pounds so far

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AKAI-DIREC...3D111627946505
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Quite an attractive TT although no idea if its any good. direct drive though and only 22 pounds so far
    It's a lightweight plastic jobbie Grant (bet the platter weighs about the same as a milk bottle top). OK maybe for under forty quid I'd suppose. Not more I'd say (mind you the Nag cart is OKish).

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It's a lightweight plastic jobbie Grant (bet the platter weighs about the same as a milk bottle top). OK maybe for under forty quid I'd suppose. Not more I'd say (mind you the Nag cart is OKish).

noticed the Nag but sounds like the stylus is bust. Just liked its look..not buying though. nice to know its plastic.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread