+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Andr'e.

prefered the old 'HB1'

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    prefered the old 'HB1'
    Just for you http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heybrook-H...nics_HomeAudio

I'm Martin.

Does anyone have any experience of these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEYBROOK-S...item3f4519baa7

I'm Andr'e.

I remember the smaller 'Quartet' & matching Amplifiers ie: 'Signature' Pre..

I'm Shane.

By the time that series came along I'd left the company so I never heard them, but I seem to remember PJC telling me a while ago that the Sextets were his favourite of all the speakers he designed at Heybrook.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm jp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    Does anyone have any experience of these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEYBROOK-S...item3f4519baa7
    Nice speakers. The models with the tweeter level switch are supposed to be better balanced and easier to match to room. Very low levels of cabinet colouration IMHO.

One major thing is that these are designed to work close/up against a rear wall (little baffle step correction applied on these) and will sound bass light if moved out in the room.

Bass port (2 I think) is in the bottom of the cabinet.

The tweeters are now unobtanium.

I'm jp.

Nice speakers. The models with the tweeter level switch are supposed to be better balanced and easier to match to room. Very low levels of cabinet colouration IMHO.

One major thing is that these are designed to work close/up against a rear wall (little baffle step correction applied on these) and will sound bass light if moved out in the room.

Bass port (2 I think) is in the bottom of the cabinet.

The tweeters are now unobtanium.

I'm Andr'e.

I see they are later ones with the Gold lettering on the front & Bi-Wire facility. I bought mine around 1985/6 they had Green lettering/piping ''Made For Music'' on the front single posts.. I also had those 'HSB-1' Stands.. A All round good efficient speaker.
    Last edited by The Barbarian; 02-02-2015 at 18:31.

I'm Peter.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celestion-...#ht_430wt_1277

These look lovely. They appear to be in great condition, and opinion seems to be that these are good speakers. But, are they a bargain or overpriced?
    Peter

I'm Grant.

even with free post they are overpriced in comparison to what they usually go for..maybe half that
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread