+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Stephen.

I can see Mr Beobloke oiling his keyboard in preparation for a sniper bid here:

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    £33,000 ! What planet are these people on?
    Pairs of Tannoy Blacks like these, with the early open frame basket, were only ever sold to hen's dentists.

I'm Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes but who wants two different cabs? At best I would say the cabs are worth £200 each without the drivers. I suppose someone could be looking for a match for another single...
    I agree the listing is way overpriced, but I'm not sure where you get your number from though. Perhaps the same place as the EBay seller got his?

No, they aren't worth the asking, but even the cabs are collectable. The York isn't worth much, but would still fetch at least twice £200, and and original GRF would pull down a grand even as a single (most probably more). As for the drivers, a pair of silvers should probably take in £6-8k in the right circumstances.

Remember, they are collectors' items. Think of them that way, rather than as speakers you'd want to have in your own room and the numbers change a great deal.

Steve McQueen's Ferrari wasn't worth 7 figures either. As a car.

I'm James.

I'm James.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    we need a new thread: 'Nonsense on eBay'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    we need a new thread: 'Nonsense on eBay'
    +1

I have seen some hilarious stuff on offer on eBay over the years that deserved to be shared.

I'm Geoff.

WATCH OUT! Fake 'Java' pop up on Ebay.

I was using eBay a short while ago and got a Java update pop up box. I clicked on the 'x' to close it and immediately got a page full of other pop ups. Needless to say I cleared out all temp files and did a spyware and virus scan. All seems OK now. If you get one just close the browser and start again, as I should have done.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    WATCH OUT! Fake 'Java' pop up on Ebay.

I was using eBay a short while ago and got a Java update pop up box. I clicked on the 'x' to close it and immediately got a page full of other pop ups. Needless to say I cleared out all temp files and did a spyware and virus scan. All seems OK now. If you get one just close the browser and start again, as I should have done.
    I use Adblock and rarely get any popups anywhere.

I'm Geoff.

I wasn't getting any at all.

It's worse than I thought, it's a bug I can't remove. I thought I'd got rid of all the crap, but it's come back and I'm getting loads of pop ups again and unwanted browser pages opening. Tried starting in 'safe mode' and doing a system restore. No Joy. Downloaded 'Hijack This' and 'Spybot, neither work. Shows MSE can't be relied on. The PC is usable, but it's bloody annoying. I may just re-install Windows (again) and be done with it. Now the stupid bloody thing is playing pop up movie adverts at me.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread