+ Reply to Thread
Page 1087 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 8758798710371077108510861087108810891097 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,870 of 10976

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'll have to have a look at my B&W DM2a speakers.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Just been given a cassette deck (Sansui something-or-other, don't know until I go and get it). Perhaps I should have gone back to cassettes sooner with bargains like this about. And free postage!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166242369...Bk9SR-T8m6WwYg
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

All the Sansui cassette decks were nice quality, some were very good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

I don't imagine this one will be much cop, it belonged to my youngest brother, who never spent a lot on that kind of thing. Anyway, I'll have to find a tape or two to test it. All my cassette tapes went years ago.

I think there be a whole set of Sansui separates if memory serves.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I don't imagine this one will be much cop, it belonged to my youngest brother, who never spent a lot on that kind of thing. Anyway, I'll have to find a tape or two to test it. All my cassette tapes went years ago.

I think there be a whole set of Sansui separates if memory serves.
    see if you can get the lot!

Tape decks - I never got past a budget JVC and a budget Sony, by the time I had money tape was all over.

Gave the deck and all my tapes away, including some blanks still in the shrink wrap - probably should have held onto the blanks!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

still got a tape separate upstairs and tapes etc.. its a drawer front loading denon.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Think the best all round I had was a Teac, can't recall for sure the model (A-360?), but it was the one below the A-450. Had a few Tandbergs too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Had a Sony machine (can't recall the model) which allowed me to make recordings which were as good as those I used to make on my Ferrograph reel-to-reel machine.

The Sony was later replaced by Nakamichi machines which I had calibrated for TDK MA tape. Made about 100 recordings with them, mostly off the radio.

Still have the two machines as well as the tapes (somewhere).
    Barry

I'm Alex.

Still have a few cassette tape decks, some the belts have gone (turned to goo) still working are Tandberg TCD 300, Pioneer CT? (fairly basic), JVC KD21D, JVCKD10 and a very early basic Sony (top loader). The most used was the JVC KD21D, although an inexpensive machine, with the right tape, recordings were excellent, better than the TCD300.
    Spendorman

I'm Steve.

This is the tape deck I had in the early 80s. Got it for £99 in an end-of-line sale, funded by part of the money I'd saved to buy an engagement ring For a couple of years i had no t/t, just this for recordings off the radio and some pre-recorded tapes. i still think it looks pretty cool, and I've no idea what happened to it.

It had something called ANRS/Super ANRS, which was sort of like Dolby NR IIRC.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread