+ Reply to Thread
Page 879 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 379779829869877878879880881889929979 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,790 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Taz.

Any opinions on these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F302711480574 ?

12" bass got my interest

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by TazSob View Post
    Any opinions on these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F302711480574 ?

12" bass got my interest
    Yes. I saw those earlier. Looks like somebody put a home concoction in a set of Dynatron cabinets or similar. The tweeters are nasty brash Philips units and the mids are cheap Eagle items, which may actually be OK, but nothing special. The bass drivers however are rare and rather nice Celestion 'Studio' units and about ten years older than the other drive units, made in the late sixties/early seventies.

I'm Anto.

his command of the language is pretty much a load of rubbish !

Ha ha , his user name might provide a clue?? Twerters , god ,that made me larf
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Taz.

Thanks for the info Geoff, not seen any like them before and thought they might be some really early type design. Shows you need to know your stuff with some of the items on eBay

I'm charles.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Decent looking Kef Corelli speakers. In Bournemouth.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-V...53.m1438.l2649

Lovely classic KEF compacts these. I have a pair.
    Yes, and I had a minter pair as well. However 'lovely' they may be, they also suffer from severe bextrene quack which I've pointed out a number of times on this forum - and before other people say they've never noticed this, please bear this in mind if you're thinking about buying a pair because if you have half decent hearing, you will detect this. Shame really, the Corelli could have been a half decent speaker if it wasn't for this issue.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by 57charles View Post
    which I've pointed out a number of times on this forum.
    So you have. However, I and a couple of other users I know of have no such issues. In fact I find them notably lacking in colouration.

I'm Edward.

On my Kef Corelli I don't hear the quack and I have more than half decent hearing.

I read somewhere that the bass driver Kef used (B110?) changed from a bextrene to a polypropylene formulation. Mind you I may have got that wrong though.

Via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    On my Kef Corelli I don't hear the quack and I have more than half decent hearing.

I read somewhere that the bass driver Kef used (B110?) changed from a bextrene to a polypropylene formulation. Mind you I may have got that wrong though.

Via Tapatalk
    It's a small magnet SP1052 B200 and although appearing the same is actually different to the preceding Chorale model's SP1014. The early Corellis employed a similar cone to the Chorale item, but the voicecoil was aluminium wire instead of the previous copper wound version. Later Corellis have a cone of slightly different appearance, due I believe to the Plasticote doping being sprayed on instead of brush applied.

I'm charles.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    So you have. However, I and a couple of other users I know of have no such issues. In fact I find them notably lacking in colouration.
    That's OK then - as long as you're happy with the sound but bextrene quack affects a number of bextrene coned speakers and the ancient Corellis are definitely one of them - I know because like I mentioned, I owned a pair and unfortunately had to get rid for that very reason.

I'm charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post

Via Tapatalk
    Unsure where the polypropylene comes into the equation! Model B200 utilised bextrene hence the annoying 'quack' characterised in this particular model.

+ Reply to Thread