+ Reply to Thread
Page 709 of 718 FirstFirst ... 209609659699707708709710711 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,090 of 7180

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I knew I had a copy. The original 1969 Island release. It's in better nick than the one on ebay. The sleeve is far better too.
    Sadly there is no week in Benidorm there. Your copy is the 2nd issue with the Pink Rim Palm Tree label.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce!

I'm Grant.

used to have that one too. i gave it to a mate years ago.
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.1- CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - PIONEER DV717 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. - PIONEER SA8100 AMPLIFIER. - WIN10 JRIVER21, SPOTIFY - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST AUDIO DONGLE POWERED BY BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - CARTS.. AT95S, SHURE M55E, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PURAV.

I'm Anto.

You is in the money , Geoff!!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    Your copy is the 2nd issue with the Pink Rim Palm Tree label.
    Maybe I'll get luckier with this.

Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Tom.

I knew I had a copy. The original 1969 Island release. It's in better nick than the one on ebay. The sleeve is far better too.

Can't seem to find my copy. I do remember it has curious little brown burn marks on the inside of the gatefold .. wonder how those got there ...

Might have to knock a fiver off or something ....
    Speakers - 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys with custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Preamp - EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII with Ikeda IT345-CR1 and Ortofon 309 Limited tonearms; Cartridges: Miyajima Kansui, Zero Mono and Premium 78, Ikeda 9TT, Ortofon SPU Royal N and SPU Mono GM MkII, and GE VX II vintage mono; phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for early mono and 78; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport and RPI2 with HifiBerry Digi+ board, heavily upgraded Audio Note Kit DAC.

'Wer nicht liebt Wein, Weib und Gesang der ist ein Narr sein Leben lang.'

I'm Paul.

Sorry Geoff, but yours is not on the pink Island label, that's the valuable one........ Mine is

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Sorry Geoff, but yours is not on the pink Island label, that's the valuable one........ Mine is
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Steve.

I believe that this is actually the rarest "Court Of The Crimson King" by a very long mile

Add water... Makes It's own sauce!

I'm Anto.

Its daft , but there again some first pressings are 50 years old nearly ! I am waiting till the price on my 2 yrs stack of Sounds newspapers from 1972,(albeit with brown age stains on the edges ,having been under the bed for the last 40 yrs ) suddenly gets to the 'must have' timecale
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm insular.

Maybe I'll get luckier with this.

Can't be worth much if I've got one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread