+ Reply to Thread
Page 817 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 317717767807815816817818819827867917 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,170 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Agreed - though some like the look of vintage Marantz gear.
    £1k for a Marantz 5020 cassette deck? It it really worth any more than a tenner?

TheMooN Guest

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMooN View Post
    Looks like some serious kit there.

Surprised that eBay have not rejected the listing as it is an auction but seller says he reserves the right to withdraw the sale as s/he has advertised eleswhere.

I tried that once and my listing was rejected on the grounds that it is unfair on people bidding. Fair point.

A BIN price would be ok.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Mike.

No surprise the Matisse Pre went for ..... £2350 - exactly the same as the withdrawn bid, so the winner already knew he would be the highest and then put £2350 back in again to win. I went for it but not quite as far as 2350 and didn't fancy over 2 grand for it

I'm Taz.

2 pairs of mission 720s, need a little work https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F302524804393

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by TazSob View Post
    2 pairs of mission 720s, need a little work https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F302524804393

Are these worth bringing back to life?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Taz.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Are these worth bringing back to life?
    I bought a set of the mission (Cyrus) 781s recently and was the first time have heard a old pair of missions, until that moment I didn't think much of them as the post 90 models haven't appealed to me. I was really surprised at how detailed and warm they sound. I've got a few speakers at home and would rate the old missions up there as some quality speakers.
    On a side note a pair of these sold in may for £95 so could be worth it if they only need refoaming. The cabinets are fine and little blemishes and knocks are just a part of their old life lol.

Hopefully someone who has more experience with mission speakers could offer some advice too

Taz

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    the price of the Matisse has dropped considerably, looks like someone was trying to uncover someone's max bid and has then retracted their bid.
    How can they do that without commitment should no-one outbid them?
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    How can they do that without commitment should no-one outbid them?
    They get their mate to put in a bid that beats the highest one, that way they know what the top bid is, they then withdraw that high bid, and if not many bids come in they know that their withdrawn bid will still be the highest if they bid that figure themselves. Funnily enough the withdrawn bidder on the Matisse has withdrawn a total of 6 bids, so I don't think it's the first time the winner of it has used this method

I'm Taz.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    They get their mate to put in a bid that beats the highest one, that way they know what the top bid is, they then withdraw that high bid, and if not many bids come in they know that their withdrawn bid will still be the highest if they bid that figure themselves. Funnily enough the withdrawn bidder on the Matisse has withdrawn a total of 6 bids, so I don't think it's the first time the winner of it has used this method
    Seen it happen a few times too. It's done to milk the most out the buyer's and tries to outsmart the snipers...

And I agree Geoff if the your bid wins then you should commit to buy or get off eBay.

+ Reply to Thread