+ Reply to Thread
Page 818 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 318718768808816817818819820828868918 ... LastLast
Results 8,171 to 8,180 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Taz.

Sansui amp anyone..? Mint condition https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F391924712532

Seller has other audio equipment too at reasonable prices

I'm Geoff.

Tannoy T145 Ascots in nice condition. Bidding already up to £301, with over two days to go. Will these fetch a record price?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-T1...53.m1438.l2649

The Ascot tends to be 'below the radar' as far as Tannoys go, but actually sounds pretty damn good. It has the real 'pepperpot' DC magic.

Yes. I've got a pair!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by TazSob View Post
    I bought a set of the mission (Cyrus) 781s recently and was the first time have heard a old pair of missions, until that moment I didn't think much of them as the post 90 models haven't appealed to me. I was really surprised at how detailed and warm they sound. I've got a few speakers at home and would rate the old missions up there as some quality speakers.
    On a side note a pair of these sold in may for £95 so could be worth it if they only need refoaming. The cabinets are fine and little blemishes and knocks are just a part of their old life lol.

Hopefully someone who has more experience with mission speakers could offer some advice too

Taz
    Thanks Taz

Probably not worth while even though at face value they seem good value. Still only £23 for two pairs. It will be interesting to see if anyone grabs them and for what.

I had some Mission Freedoms at some point (the one with the silk tweeters), surprisingly detailed and full sound but second hand values were very low. Sold them on for peanuts - I think £50.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Taz.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    I had some Mission Freedoms at some point (the one with the silk tweeters), surprisingly detailed and full sound but second hand values were very low. Sold them on for peanuts - I think £50.
    That's the problem with selling them on, if one knows the mission brand of old they will buy them but these buyer's are far and few in today's market.

I've just bought another pair of 781s with a dodgy non stock driver and butchered front baffle for a few quid, will be using these for parts but still I couldn't believe they went so cheap. Even in parts they are worth much more so i agree the work needed on the 720s may not bring back the money in a resale

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by TazSob View Post
    Sansui amp anyone..? Mint condition https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F391924712532

Seller has other audio equipment too at reasonable prices
    Gosh , hes good loads of stuff . Nice old Technics cassette player
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    They get their mate to put in a bid that beats the highest one, that way they know what the top bid is, they then withdraw that high bid, and if not many bids come in they know that their withdrawn bid will still be the highest if they bid that figure themselves. Funnily enough the withdrawn bidder on the Matisse has withdrawn a total of 6 bids, so I don't think it's the first time the winner of it has used this method
    Yes, but how can you withdraw a bid? I thought if you made a bid that was the highest bid, and no other bid was made that outbid you, you would be the winner and would be committed to complete the purchase. Obviously I'm missing something here.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes, but how can you withdraw a bid? I thought if you made a bid that was the highest bid, and no other bid was made that outbid you, you would be the winner and would be committed to complete the purchase. Obviously I'm missing something here.
    Yes. Bids can be withdrawn. A reason is asked, 'mistake' is the obvious one.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

yep you can cancel a bid
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You can withdraw any bid up to a certain time before auction ends. The option is there in case you enter the wrong amount ie: £999.00 instead of say £99.00

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Ah - is that a recent option? I've been using ebay for years, and always thought (and you are reminded by ebay) that if your bid was the highest when the bidding closes, you are contractually obliged to complete the purchase.

Having said that, I have been outbid on a couple of items only to have the seller contact me to say the winning bidder could not/would not complete, so would I be interested in buying the item for the amount I bidded? Again, I always assumed those 'winning' bidders who defaulted would be reported by the sellers and their bidding rights would then be withdrawn.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread