+ Reply to Thread
Page 898 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 398798848888896897898899900908948998 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,980 of 10962

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Adam.

To be fair, selling prices for a decent one of these, rightly or wrongly, aren’t far off his asking price.

In addition, my good friend, who is something of a cassette guru, says these are an utter b***ard to repair, too, so the service cost probably isn’t unreasonable!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

It's £15 boot sale fodder!!

I'm Adam.

Er..no it really isn't! It was Aiwa's top deck of the day and Aiwa knew a thing or two about making good cassette decks.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Felipe.

I had the 6800 model and it was a beast, weighting more than most amplifiers from top brands...
    I did had to clean melted belts and install new ones, to get inside and reach the parts is something I never will want to do again, it was a real nightmare to work with!!

I'm Edward.

Even if one had rare one off cassette recordings that can't be obtained in a different format surely paying that sort of money for a deck is just silly. Getting a good quality player for say 100 quid is easy enough.

Mind you I may, if my conscience allows me to, sell my 3 head Nakamichi beast for that sort of money. I'll even have it serviced.

Via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Adam.

I’m sure if it had a Nakamichi badge, few would bat an eyelid at the price...

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    Who cares about Tapatalk? Of course, it isn't just you - there are loads of posts from many forum members which end with this little advert. Should the forum be a free advertising space Tapatalk (whoever they are)?
    You are right Andrew. I've turned it off and, just so I know when I've used that app, replaced it with something inconspicuous.

There is another forum I visit where you are banned if you do not remove the signature after being asked.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    good cassette decks.
    Isn't that an oxymoron?

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    Sorry to have appeared to single you out Edward - yours was just the post I saw when I decided to speak up about it.
    Oh I did not feel singled out at all. You are correct and that prompted me to change. I should have included a smiley of some sort in my reply.

It is a default setting in Tapatalk and to change it one has to go via several screens.

Anyway to get back to the main topic of the day. 󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

§

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Pah - where's your sense of adventure? Old cassette decks are fun!

I must admit, this is the one I fancy, currently -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HITACHI-D...YAAOSw2yNbQimh

+ Reply to Thread