+ Reply to Thread
Page 678 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 178578628668676677678679680688728778 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 10964

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Is this bloke on the same planet as the rest of us?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-ST...UAAOSw241YiZ4f

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Is this bloke on the same planet as the rest of us?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-ST...UAAOSw241YiZ4f
    The mid units in the JBL's are not original, they are cheap twin cone drivers and the non original slotted tweeter 'lens diffusers' look like something from Jamo and they'll totally bugger up the sound from the LE20 tweeters. The asking price is nuts, but so is the seller maybe and quite likely some other nut may buy this lot.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

I've see that ad before, or at least the accompanying text. Maybe a couple of years ago.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

Judging by the way the graphic equaliser is set I'd say he is up with the fairies

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Judging by the way the graphic equaliser is set I'd say he is up with the fairies
    Indeed. A graphic equaliser should be set only one of two ways: 'Smiley Face' or 'Risky Business'.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Hi all,

As you may remember I shared this last week.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172504612862

It's an SME3009 S2 on a Toshiba sr370

Alamo (andy) and I went to have a look after haggling him down to £340 over eBay.

When we got there the seller, Rob, tried to dash to the front door with it for a quick hand over. We weren't happy to pay without checking it over.

When we did the tonearm had lots of rotational play and moved front to back through the yoke freely. There is a video on YouTube under "SME clearance issue". I can't post a link for some reason. like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDHecMk4d_w

I advised Andy that I felt there was an issue with the tonearm and felt we should leave it. The seller then decided to demand "fee reimbursement" even though there was no fee to pay.

I would avoid this guy, he was rather unpleasant.

He's also taken to his description of the item to bad mouth us both. Lovely

he's obviously not very intelligent.

1. the listing now flags up the issue with the arm
    2. The listing tells buyers to "make an offer" rather than just buy at the listed price, which says he feels it is overpriced
    3. His banging on about you in such a peevish way red flags him as being very difficult to deal with and that the transaction may end in dispute.

All in all this listing screams "avoid"

I'd advise your friend to complain to eBay about having his user name mentioned in the listing. I would imagine they will not like that at all. If he wants to complain eBay has proper processes for that. Let us know how he gets on if he does.

R

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm Michael.

Seconded all of that about the eBay TT. I noticed that as a similar item when the one without the arm was sold - and had half a thought oh that looks like a good deal. If you have time or inclination then put a complaint in. If I'd gone along I doubt I'd know what to look for and I'd have been ripped off

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    he's obviously not very intelligent.

1. the listing now flags up the issue with the arm
    2. The listing tells buyers to "make an offer" rather than just buy at the listed price, which says he feels it is overpriced
    3. His banging on about you in such a peevish way red flags him as being very difficult to deal with and that the transaction may end in dispute.

All in all this listing screams "avoid"

I'd advise your friend to complain to eBay about having his user name mentioned in the listing. I would imagine they will not like that at all. If he wants to complain eBay has proper processes for that. Let us know how he gets on if he does.

R

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    He was not a nice person at all. When. I raised the issue with the arm he scoffed at me as though I were stupid. He then proceeded to explain that he's a DJ and has technics 1210s. Like that were a qualification.
    He didn't know the difference in bearings and has since stated the knife edge bearing to be fine. Yet the action demonstrated in the video suggests otherwise to me.

Definitely avoid. I think Alamo has decided to just ignore him.

I'm Alan.

geat deck for someone...with arm and cartridge..AR EB101....£85.00....got to be cheap...not mine by the way....but I'm tempted..

https://www.gumtree.com/p/record-pla...ion/1213426415
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

montesquieu Guest

Bit of a chancer this one .. selling as a Tannoy 'Gold' - I guess it's painted gold but that doesn't make it a Tannoy MG which is what he is clearly implying - I think it's an SRM?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-Tanno...MAAOSwjDZYflma

EDIT - and another one - Tannoy Devon, goosed surrounds, goosed cabinets and a silly asking price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tannoy-DEV...EAAOSw5cNYY6w4

Though at least this is accurately described. A few years ago this would have been £250.
    Last edited by montesquieu; 29-01-2017 at 18:56.

+ Reply to Thread