+ Reply to Thread
Page 1098 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 9859899810481088109610971098
Results 10,971 to 10,972 of 10972

Thread: Bargains on ebay? (Part 2)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Sounds exactly like round here except with palm trees and better weather. Oh and they closed our public toilets years ago because they cost money that could be better spent on lesbians or something. They're a band practice room now.
    Yeah I don't think it'll be lesbians, they really don't cost much to maintain. But disabled, cyclists, ethnic minorities, any group specific enough to have its own 'community', lots of opportunities for public money intended for wheelchair access, cycle lanes and community centres to go walkabout.

In Preston it's the cycling (fraternity? community?) that's had the most money chucked at it. Much of the dual carriageway running through the city is now 2-way single carriageway, with the other side devoted to 2 wheels. And this pic shows just a small part of what they've done here. All they need now is some cyclists willing to use it.

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yeah I don't think it'll be lesbians, they really don't cost much to maintain. But disabled, cyclists, ethnic minorities, any group specific enough to have its own 'community', lots of opportunities for public money intended for wheelchair access, cycle lanes and community centres to go walkabout.

In Preston it's the cycling (fraternity? community?) that's had the most money chucked at it. Much of the dual carriageway running through the city is now 2-way single carriageway, with the other side devoted to 2 wheels. And this pic shows just a small part of what they've done here. All they need now is some cyclists willing to use it.

just a massive waste of money. The road up to work has cycle lanes both sides, rarely see them used. Last time I saw a cyclist on one was months back and he was going the wrong way.

They're all on the pavement, weaving in and out between the pedestrians at reckless speeds.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread