+ Reply to Thread
Page 758 of 2932 FirstFirst ... 25865870874875675775875976076880885812581758 ... LastLast
Results 7,571 to 7,580 of 29311

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Grant.

180gm remaster.

more detail than ive heard before. more depth too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ape file from cd. Stunning album

story here

Last edited by struth; 17-08-2017 at 12:15.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

I'm Grant.

Nora Jones. Vinyl

A notoriously noisy pressing on some tracks( they all seem same suggesting the stamper. Worse on the sas stylus unfortunately, probably due to the profile. Still it sounds great other than that.
    Last edited by struth; 18-08-2017 at 10:45.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    A notoriously noisy pressing on some tracks( they all seem same suggesting the stamper. Worse on the sas stylus unfortunately, probably due to the profile. Still it sounds great other than that.
    Seems many modern pressings are of dubious quality. (no, I don't need loads of folk telling me about their latest wonderful quality album )

It's rather ironic that many superb pressing came along in the eighties, when vinyl was going through a considerable lull in popularity (and almost died out?). Possibly I guess, because those buying records then were record playing diehards (like me at the time), who were more discerning and demanding of good record quality.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Now some JP on red vinyl
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Howard.

Default Well, here in the editorial office and via Spotify ...

We have Glenn Gould playing a a long and wonderful selection of Bach compositions. Neil
    Well, hello.

I'm Grant.

ub40...unplugged
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dan.

Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring
    Vinyl
    Amplifier & Graphic EQ
    Kenwood A65 with GE 850 Graphic EQ
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

The man's a blast
    Clapton and Hendrix's favorite guitarist. Buddy did pretty much everything first
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread