+ Reply to Thread
Page 751 of 2932 FirstFirst ... 25165170174174975075175275376180185112511751 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,510 of 29311

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Grant.

Spotify
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

amazon music
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andy.

Santana - Live at the House of Blues; Las Vegas

HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Andy.

Gary Numan - Obsession; Live at the Hammersmith Eventim Apollo

I'm sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Laurie Anderson – ‘Big Science’

I was critical of this album as being a bit ‘weird’, but had to admit I hadn’t played it in years. So I though to be fair I had better listen to it again. Yep – still weird: “uh uh uh uh uh uh uh ………..”

Abdullah Ibrahim – ‘Water From an Ancient Well’

Kate Rusby – ‘Hourglass’

Traditional English folk – but not quite of the ‘hand clasped to the ear’ ethnic purity.

Van Morrison – ‘Astral Weeks’

Otis Redding – ‘Otis Blue/Otis Redding Sings Soul’

Eric Clapton – ‘Me and Mr Johnson’

An excellent appreciation of the works of Robert Johnson.

Bob Marley – ‘Legend’

Tìr Na Nóg - ‘Tìr Na Nóg’

“Tìr Na Nóg” translates as “Land of the Fairies”, but this is no hippy ‘tree hugging’ lovefest. More akin to the style and subject matter of Fairport Convention.

Nihonjin – ‘Far Out’

Recommended by someone who’s taste I trust, this Japanese 'prog' group is heavily influenced by the likes of Pink Floyd. Two long tracks, neither of which successfully use the time to fully develop. A bit of a disappointment – luckily I didn’t have to pay the full price.

A couple of vinyl records I picked up in a charity shop for peanuts:

Hoyt Axton – ‘Road Songs’

Country music. Not my usual cup of tea, but this import isn’t too bad. Think I’ll keep it.

David Sanborn – ‘As We Speak’

A sort of cross between John McLaughlin and Steely Dan. Jazz funk - I’m not sure I like it.
    Barry

I'm Andy.

Alice Cooper - Paranormal

I'm Dan.

A selection from this weekend:

Anti-Nowhere League - We Are The League Uncut
    Songs Of Separation - s/t
    Regina Spektor - Songs
    Cancer Bats - Birthing The Giant
    High On Fire - Snakes For The Divine
    Broadcast - Haha Sound