+ Reply to Thread
Page 709 of 758 FirstFirst ... 209609659699707708709710711719 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,090 of 7572

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Andy.

Could you meen this type of thing

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    Is it just me? If theres a guitar on the cover ot makes me really, really sceptical about the contents of the album...
    Naturally there are exceptions but lots of them actually confirms my prejudice, Guitar on the cover~Gigantic ego masturbating with favorite instrument

"I'll get me coat"
    Andy - SDDW

Lead Tutor - Electrical HV/LV Training and Authorisation

I'm Geoff.

The newly released Alice Coltrane album. It's apparently culled from music recorded within her own Ashram. Think repetitive, hypnotic, religious chanting interspersed with the 'other worldly' sounds that Alice Coltrane is known for. Personally, I think she is one of jazz's greatest ever artists yet relatively unappreciated because of her spouse, her gender and her race. To me, she is one of the artists who transports me away from everyday life in to very beautiful, spiritual place.

If you don't know her stuff, start with 'Journey in Satchidananda' or 'Ptah the El Daoud'.
    Last edited by oldius; 20-05-2017 at 14:49.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; SME IV; Audio Technica Art1; Nakamichi CA7 pre-amp; Nakamichi PA7 Power amp; Lentek integrated; SBT; Technics sh-x1000 DAC; Yamaha NS1000M.
    System 2 - SBT; Denon PMA850 integrated; JBL 4312B control monitors.
    System 3 - Taken over by my son! Chromecast; Beresford Caiman II; Klark Teknik Jade 1 active studio monitors.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post

The newly released Alice Coltrane album. It's apparently culled from music recorded within her own Ashram. Think repetitive, hypnotic, religious chanting interspersed with the 'other worldly' sounds that Alice Coltrane is known for. Personally, I think she is one of jazz's greatest ever artists yet relatively unappreciated because of her spouse, her gender and her race. To me, she is one of the artists who transports me away from everyday life in to very beautiful, spiritual place.

If you don't know her stuff, start with 'Journey in Satchidananda' or 'Ptah the El Daoud'.

Was just reading this really good article in The Quietus celebrating her music. I'm a relative newcomer to her music but I'm fast becoming a big fan. A Monastic Trio is a superb record in my honest opinion. Will check out your suggestions, thanks.

http://thequietus.com/articles/22328...-john-coltrane
    Thorens TD160. Denon DL-110. Arcam DV137. RPI with Audiophonics I-Sabre DAC and Chromecast Audio. Arcam Delta 60. Adam Audio Artist 5 and Kef Reference 103. MS Audio/Klotz MC5000 and Fisual Hollywood Dark Twist.

I'm Dan.

Christian Fitness - Slap Bass Hunks

And plenty of Soundgarden all weekend

I'm Steve.

Haven't played this for a while but hey ho... neighbours are away and the volume is up..

Add water... Makes It's own sauce!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker View Post
    Could you meen this type of thing

Spot on!

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.7- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - TANDBERG TCD310 CASS - CARTS.. ACD xlm mk1 integra, AT95SA Shibata, SHURE N55 SAS, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Loz.

A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos

Great on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning.
    The live show they did for the 6 Music Proms together with Nils Frahm at The Albert Hall is now up on YouTube.

Thorens TD160. Denon DL-110. Arcam DV137. RPI with Audiophonics I-Sabre DAC and Chromecast Audio. Arcam Delta 60. Adam Audio Artist 5 and Kef Reference 103. MS Audio/Klotz MC5000 and Fisual Hollywood Dark Twist.

I'm Andy.

Etta James - Let's Roll

Andy - SDDW

Lead Tutor - Electrical HV/LV Training and Authorisation

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.7- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - TANDBERG TCD310 CASS - CARTS.. ACD xlm mk1 integra, AT95SA Shibata, SHURE N55 SAS, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

+ Reply to Thread