+ Reply to Thread
Page 709 of 2931 FirstFirst ... 20960965969970770870971071171975980912091709 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,090 of 29304

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Geoff.

The newly released Alice Coltrane album. It's apparently culled from music recorded within her own Ashram. Think repetitive, hypnotic, religious chanting interspersed with the 'other worldly' sounds that Alice Coltrane is known for. Personally, I think she is one of jazz's greatest ever artists yet relatively unappreciated because of her spouse, her gender and her race. To me, she is one of the artists who transports me away from everyday life in to very beautiful, spiritual place.

If you don't know her stuff, start with 'Journey in Satchidananda' or 'Ptah the El Daoud'.
    Last edited by oldius; 20-05-2017 at 14:49.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post

The newly released Alice Coltrane album. It's apparently culled from music recorded within her own Ashram. Think repetitive, hypnotic, religious chanting interspersed with the 'other worldly' sounds that Alice Coltrane is known for. Personally, I think she is one of jazz's greatest ever artists yet relatively unappreciated because of her spouse, her gender and her race. To me, she is one of the artists who transports me away from everyday life in to very beautiful, spiritual place.

If you don't know her stuff, start with 'Journey in Satchidananda' or 'Ptah the El Daoud'.

Was just reading this really good article in The Quietus celebrating her music. I'm a relative newcomer to her music but I'm fast becoming a big fan. A Monastic Trio is a superb record in my honest opinion. Will check out your suggestions, thanks.

http://thequietus.com/articles/22328...-john-coltrane

I'm Dan.

Christian Fitness - Slap Bass Hunks

And plenty of Soundgarden all weekend

I'm Steve.

Haven't played this for a while but hey ho... neighbours are away and the volume is up..

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker View Post
    Could you meen this type of thing

Spot on!

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Loz.

A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Atomos

Great on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning.
    The live show they did for the 6 Music Proms together with Nils Frahm at The Albert Hall is now up on YouTube.

I'm Andy.

Etta James - Let's Roll

HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andy.

Be Bop Deluxe - Live in the Air Age

HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

+ Reply to Thread